PDA

View Full Version : Job Control 10.6 is baffling me.

Neville Stewart
04-16-2017, 4:43 PM
I converted a pretty simple image in Corel X7 like I have a 1000 times and this one is doing my head in!!! Its a pretty large acrylic engraving job, image is 16x10 inches and when I get about 1 min 20 seconds in it stops in the same place every time. Its only 9 curves so not a complex image. Im running at 100 percent speed, and 85 power. Ive used differerent images to creat the vector in case, Ive redone the file from scratch numerous times but the darned issue is following, so I have something hiding in there. ILl attach the file in case anyone sees anything odd in it. Thanks in advance. Im about ready to go to the pub... Neville

Bruce Dillingham
04-17-2017, 7:06 AM
There is 10.6.1 out. That may help.

Mike Null
04-17-2017, 7:30 AM
Neville

I couldn't open your file. Did you save it back to an earlier version than X7 so that the rest of us could open it?

Neville Stewart
04-17-2017, 8:18 AM
Neville

I couldn't open your file. Did you save it back to an earlier version than X7 so that the rest of us could open it?
Ill do that Mike thank you. The odd thing is that it only happens in this file ( possibly related to size?). I ran the rotary immediately after without issue so although I will likely up version to 10.6.1 I don't think that's the problem.

Scott Shepherd
04-17-2017, 8:26 AM
Does it stop forever, or if you wait long enough, will it go?

What settings did you use when you sent it over. If you used color, try sending it as b/w. I suspect, for some reason, that it's scanning the image and hits something that causes it to stop. Things like that normally resolve themselves after a little bit and they carry on. I saw it happen every once in a while in earlier versions, down around 10.1, etc, so it's been a couple years ago.

Can you share a screen shot of your preferences page (where the mode/dpi/page size stuff is)?

Scott Shepherd
04-17-2017, 8:28 AM
On a different note, why aren't you using the Trotec palette in CorelDraw?

Neville Stewart
04-17-2017, 8:43 AM
On a different note, why aren't you using the Trotec palette in CorelDraw?
To answer both your questions Steve, why Im not using the Trotec palette is because I don't know any better : ) Im hoping you might be onto something there as I have Corel set to use RGB but I often get CMYK outlines in the rendering when I " trace bitmap" and this is the only time I have problems. When I create a drawing from scratch in Corel - never an issue. Secondly it stalls then loses connections (I have had the spooling delay pause on other bigger files) but this isn't it I don't believe. Ill be on with Support later this morning hopefully and Ill mention this.
PS I believe it was 500 dpi, I reduced it to 250 and still the same loss of connection after the stop.

Scott Shepherd
04-17-2017, 9:34 AM
Color or B/W mode?

Sounds like a bug that's crashing it to me.

Email sent with color palette. Don't think it's going to solve this issue.

You do have Color Management turned off in Corel, correct?

Neville Stewart
04-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Color or B/W mode?

Sounds like a bug that's crashing it to me.

Email sent with color palette. Don't think it's going to solve this issue.

You do have Color Management turned off in Corel, correct?
I really don't recall - would you only select B/W when you had an engraving and not a cut path included? i.e. would it screw up the read hairline vector?

Gary Hair
04-17-2017, 12:54 PM
I really don't recall - would you only select B/W when you had an engraving and not a cut path included? i.e. would it screw up the read hairline vector?

I use b/w all the time - the only exception is if I need to have multiple colors for setting changes or speed tests on new material. In B/W mode use black for rastering, red for vectoring, and blue for positioning.

Kev Williams
04-17-2017, 1:54 PM
I can't open your file either (I use x3 and x4)-- I have two programs that will locate single 'false' or leftover points/nodes that may be invisible... It's rare, but I've had this happen a couple of times, if the laser's controller runs into a single data point, the laser may not know what to do with it and can just stop cold. Could also be a point hiding outside the work area, that's never affected my western machines but my Triumph will actually try to go into -0 coordinate territory, right into the wall ;)

Gary Hair
04-17-2017, 2:05 PM
It works fine on my system Neville. I emailed you the jcx file as well as an X5 file saved on my computer - let me know if either work differently for you. If not, I'd say you have either a Job Control problem or maybe even Corel.

I converted a pretty simple image in Corel X7 like I have a 1000 times and this one is doing my head in!!! Its a pretty large acrylic engraving job, image is 16x10 inches and when I get about 1 min 20 seconds in it stops in the same place every time. Its only 9 curves so not a complex image. Im running at 100 percent speed, and 85 power. Ive used differerent images to creat the vector in case, Ive redone the file from scratch numerous times but the darned issue is following, so I have something hiding in there. ILl attach the file in case anyone sees anything odd in it. Thanks in advance. Im about ready to go to the pub... Neville

Neville Stewart
04-17-2017, 2:19 PM
I can't open your file either (I use x3 and x4)-- I have two programs that will locate single 'false' or leftover points/nodes that may be invisible... It's rare, but I've had this happen a couple of times, if the laser's controller runs into a single data point, the laser may not know what to do with it and can just stop cold. Could also be a point hiding outside the work area, that's never affected my western machines but my Triumph will actually try to go into -0 coordinate territory, right into the wall ;)
I did wonder about that very thing Kev as Ive seen it occur before but I examined the object manager and didn't see anything other than the required vectors ( curves ) in the image.

Jeffrey Dewing
04-17-2017, 3:41 PM
Simple question, Have you called Trotec support. They have been very good to me! They might fix it in a flash!

Neville Stewart
04-17-2017, 4:14 PM
Simple question, Have you called Trotec support. They have been very good to me! They might fix it in a flash!

Simple answer: Yes.

Neville Stewart
04-17-2017, 10:23 PM
OK Folks - Update. Firstly I want to say a YUGE thank you to Mark Kojetin, Trotec in Oz. . Not only has he been plying me with suggestions but he actually took the time to call me and help, All the way from Australia. Thats amazing, thank you very much Mark. After trying another computer at Supports suggestion, the file failed at 100 speed. I reduced it to 50 speed and it ran in simulation so Im getting hopeful. I switched back to the first computer and tried it at 50s. Holy St. Francis, it worked. I ran it in simulation then engraved it twice and it completed without issue. The original problem still exists but at least I have a work around and the window of cause just got a whole lot smaller. Thanks to all of you for chiming in and again.