PDA

View Full Version : Sliders..Grizzly Vs Shop Fox

Rick Potter
04-14-2017, 10:16 PM
I am curious.

What is the difference between the Grizzly G0623X ($3285 delivered),and the Shop Fox W1811 ($3525 delivered) sliding table saws?

Any one have one? Care to give review?

Jim Becker
04-15-2017, 5:40 PM
I'm not familiar specifically with either tool, but a lot of the difference is likely the paint color and maybe some accessories/features. Given the similar price points, they are probably "sister" saws...

Michael Shoffner
04-15-2017, 7:58 PM
Agreed. The main difference is white versus green paint. Shopfox is the store brand and Grizzly is the mailorder brand of the same company

Ben Rivel
04-15-2017, 8:03 PM
Agreed. The main difference is white versus green paint. Shopfox is the store brand and Grizzly is the mailorder brand of the same companyShopFox is available in stores? From what I have seen they are both mail order brands. I have also read and seen that ShopFox is often a bit better fit and finish over Grizzly. Supposedly due to better quality control. Not sure if that has any truth to it, just what I read.

Cary Falk
04-15-2017, 10:05 PM
ShopFox is available in stores? From what I have seen they are both mail order brands. I have also read and seen that ShopFox is often a bit better fit and finish over Grizzly. Supposedly due to better quality control. Not sure if that has any truth to it, just what I read.

Shop Fox is the retail version of Grizzly. We used to have a Shop Fox dealer here in town. My Shop Fox jointer is equal in fit and finish to my Grizzly tools

Michael Shoffner
04-15-2017, 10:16 PM
ShopFox is available in stores? From what I have seen they are both mail order brands. I have also read and seen that ShopFox is often a bit better fit and finish over Grizzly. Supposedly due to better quality control. Not sure if that has any truth to it, just what I read.
Unless Things have recently changed, I don't think you can order directly from Shop Fox (aka Woodstock International) like you do with Grizzly. There are some online dealers that sell Shopfox but it's still a retail sale. My 2 local woodworking shops both sell SF, but neither stocks them on the floor, so ask your local retailer if they can order for you.

J. Greg Jones
04-16-2017, 7:53 AM
I believe it's true for all machinery that Grizzly has a 1-year warranty while Shop Fox machines come with a 2-year warranty.