PDA

View Full Version : Canadian customs release "eh"

Daniel Norman
04-14-2017, 10:07 PM
My machine is in Vancouver. I got the call from K Trans Worldwide logistics Ltd. friday afternoon. They are the shipping agent that Ray Fine uses in Canada. They suggested clearing costumes for personal use will be difficult and recommended getting an "Import Buisness Number". I do have a small home based Buisness but it has not been active recently. I have an appointment with an accountant Tuesday afternoon for his recommendation. Your thoughts or experiences are appreciated.
I am also hoping there delivery cost is reasonable. I would prefer not to have to take my trailer on the Ferry.
Thank you,
Dan

Brian Book
04-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Hi Daniel .... I had the same Broker and they applied for a Business Number without my knowledge ... I ended up calling the Government and canceling the application I wasn't too impressed with that .... I also ended up paying another $600.00 by the time I got the Machine home .... I ended up going to get my Machine as they wanted another $400.00 to deliver to my Door ! :(

Hope that helps.

Brian

Daniel Norman
04-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Hi Brian, I remember your chalanges and what I am not sure of is pros and cons of getting an Import Buisness Number?
I will make some calls and talk to the accountant on Tuesday. I know there are other Canadians in the import process so I thought it would be a good thread for people importing in the future.
Thanks again, Dan

Hi Daniel .... I had the same Broker and they applied for a Business Number without my knowledge ... I ended up calling the Government and canceling the application I wasn't too impressed with that .... I also ended up paying another $600.00 by the time I got the Machine home .... I ended up going to get my Machine as they wanted another $400.00 to deliver to my Door ! :(

Hope that helps.

Brian

John Lifer
04-15-2017, 12:17 PM
I thought you guys had it easier, until Brian posted his issues. US at least doesn't require a lot, more than necessary, especially these that come in by ship. Brokers make good money for not a whole lot.