PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Huey DVD

Donnie Raines
10-19-2005, 1:52 PM
Boy...these things are great!! Glenn Huey, contributing editor for Popular Woodworking and also the author of two books is now releasing educational DVD's. I have two of them at this point and they are really helpfull. Just when you think you no how something should go...he shows you an easier way. For those, like me, that could use the insider tips and tricks, you may want to look into these DVD's(link below).

For the record...I do no Glenn but I am in no way affiliated with this product at all....:)

http://www.woodworkersedge.com/

Christopher Pine
10-19-2005, 2:55 PM
I have seen one of his videos when he was building a small low boy chest.. Awesome! Graet teaching and excellent results...

Donnie Raines
10-19-2005, 2:57 PM
I have seen one of his videos when he was building a small low boy chest.. Awesome! Graet teaching and excellent results...

Thats the first one I picked up. While the bulk of the project I was comfortable with, setting the drawers and attaching the drawer runners was a week point of mine. Not after viewing the dvd....:cool:

Allen Bookout
10-19-2005, 6:35 PM
I took a look at the site. Am interested in good instructional videos but not the style of furniture that is featured. Are the videos a good source of techniques for other styles?

Allen

Donnie Raines
10-20-2005, 8:06 AM
I took a look at the site. Am interested in good instructional videos but not the style of furniture that is featured. Are the videos a good source of techniques for other styles?

Allen

I would say so. Obviously the video is directly linked to the style that he is building. But, the tips that he shows can be used for any number of things.

Jason Tuinstra
10-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Donnie, thanks for the heads-up. Looks like a great couple of videos. I have always enjoyed G.H.'s work and choice of lumber. I prefer his Shaker style pieces, but would love to check out one of these DVD's. Looks like a great resource. Thanks.

John Branam
10-20-2005, 1:50 PM
Glen Huey was at the Woodcraft here in Cincy earlier this month, he was showing people how he does his hand cut dovetails. He is a real nice guy and hed had some of his work with him and the craftsmanship is remarkable. He had the dvd's playing at his area also they are good. I am going to be getting them.

Spence DePauw
10-20-2005, 2:21 PM
I took a class from Glen at American Sycamore this last summer. The results were great, and Glen was even better. I learned a huge amount from him. He is a very good teacher, very personable, and a joy to be around. I've signed up for more than one class from him next year already...:D

WE built this spice box reproduction. I took the class mainly to learn about inlays , and boy did I!

Spence