PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Laser Engravable Ceramic Tile

Roger Lueck
04-12-2017, 11:37 PM
I currently laser engrave Home Depot ceramic tile and color fill them. While the Home Depot tiles are inexpensive, the time required to engrave them and then color fill them is time consuming and therefore costly. One or two tiles at a time using this method is not a problem, but I have a customer that is asking for a quote for 100 tiles (Black on white).

I read some posts in this forum from 2009 about a company called "3 Score" that made a tile which did not have to be color filled after engraving. However, I haven't found much information about "3 Score" since those posts and they don't exist on the internet, do they still exist?

Has their communication and customer service improved?

Is there another company that makes these tile?

Thank You,
Roger

John Lifer
04-13-2017, 7:27 AM
Lasertile makes a tile that works like Cermark on tile. Glaze has material that CO2 laser will change. Heard tile works good, I've no experience, but company does seem to have issue with supply and demand. Another forum mentioned several orders taking weeks or longer to deliver. Ymmv. And you can get Cermark for tile I'm pretty sure.
Having done a dozen to give away for my daughter's class at graduation, I'd not really want to do a hundred,. And it would sure be expensive! A lot of time expended.

Roger Lueck
04-14-2017, 11:40 AM
John,

Your reply is appreciated.

I found "Laser Tile" on the internet, but the only way to contact them is through e-mail. I've read some of the negative comments about their communication, customer service and delivery of product. Those comments cause me to be concerned about their ability to perform.

Does anyone have a phone number and contact name for them?

Thank You,
Roger