PDA

View Full Version : Alder Engraved Diploma

Keith Outten
06-21-2003, 8:59 PM
West Coast Alder is one of the best wood species for engraving. Here is a college diploma that I recently engraved for a friend. Sorry I can't provide a full size picture, the text on this plaque is absolutely pristine but the picture just doesn't do the job justice.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
06-22-2003, 10:16 AM
West Coast Alder is one of the best wood species for engraving. Here is a college diploma that I recently engraved for a friend. Sorry I can't provide a full size picture, the text on this plaque is absolutely pristine but the picture just doesn't do the job justice.

That is really nice, Keith. I'm not sure where the papers for my degrees are stashed and I'm not going to look.(-: But if I knew and could get them looking like that I might even put them on the wall.

Ken Garlock
06-22-2003, 10:30 AM
I am always amazed at the detail that is achievable with the laser. The small font detail is a marvel. :cool: Anyone would be proud to hang that on their wall.

Very very nice work. :) :)

Tim Baude
03-06-2009, 6:13 PM
Keith,
Nice work. Can I ask what size you used? Did you recreate or scan the original. I live near a couple of Universities and thought this might be a good idea. I have a few connections at the schools. Also, maybe even high schools. I have used the alder plaques from JDS and the response has been amazing each time with others wanting them and not the traditional.
Thank you in advance.
Tim

Dee Gallo
03-06-2009, 6:39 PM
You always show such excellent examples of what is possible, Keith!

That plaque is so perfect, a beautiful piece of wood and such a nice backdrop for pristine engraving. Thanks for posting, I'll bet lots of people will be using this idea with graduations coming up soon.

cheers, dee

Anthony Welch
03-06-2009, 7:50 PM
It is nice, but I have to laugh, that it is a thread from 2003 (I had forgot that it went back that far) that has been bumped.

Please someone ..... bump some more.:D

Anthony

Larry Bratton
03-06-2009, 8:19 PM
Keith:
What font is that?
Nice job, by the way, even though it was in done 2003.

Anthony Welch
03-06-2009, 8:28 PM
Keith can correct me, but I have read every thread on the diplomas. If I remember correctly, these are scans of the original diplomas and rastered into the substrate chosen. Where a problem lies is the "gold" certificate part that doesn't scan very well. This you will have to create. But search the past threads and the answer to that is there. That is what I did.

Anthony