PDA

View Full Version : Spray paint cans - new nozzle design?

Stephen Tashiro
04-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Cans of spray paint that I've purchased recently don't give the usual directions for storing the paint (i.e. turn the can upside down and spray till the flow runs clear). They just say to wipe the nozzle before storing the can. Over the few weeks that I've stored these new type cans, they are reusable. Has a new nozzle design been invented that resists clogging?

Curt Harms
04-12-2017, 8:09 AM
A can I bought recently appeared to have a 'works in any position(floppy pickup tube?) design. I tried the usual 'turn it upside down and spray' procedure and it just kept spraying paint. So the only choice was to wipe the nozzle as best I could.

Alan Rutherford
04-13-2017, 10:27 AM
There are some products like sunscreen and bug spray where the liquid is in a bag inside the can, which is what allows it to spray in any position.

I just looked at a can of Rustoleum which says wipe the nozzle. A can of Walmart's cheapest says to turn it over and spray. We use the Walmart paint at shooting matches where metal targets are repainted every few minutes with the cans tossed on the ground when not being used. Then they're stored in a hot shed until the next month. They never clog.

I think nothing has changed except the directions.

Stephen Tashiro
04-14-2017, 11:04 AM
They never clog.

That's different than my experience with Rustoleum paints. The old cans always clogged. Maybe I needed a hot shed to store them in.