PDA

View Full Version : Electrical short in my Lion Trimmer!

Larry Edgerton
04-11-2017, 1:49 PM
I was cutting some beads with the Lion trimmer on the bench today when it shorted out.

Ok, maybe it did not short out, but.......

Directly over where I was working is a Festool vac and sanders suspended from the ceiling. There are a couple of hooks to hold the hose and cords up out of the way when not in use. Well, I was cutting away and apparently one of the cords fell off the hook unbeknownst to me and fell into the little notch between the cutter body and the little safety wings that guard the knives. As I made another cut all of a sudden sparks were flying!

At this point I am very confused? How could there be a short in a manual tool?

I had stepped back. and once I took a look I could see what had happened, a one in a million shot. There is just no telling what new misadventures one may run into.

By the way, a Lion trimmer makes a heck of a cord cutter, but I recommend at least unplugging the cord first........... :D

Lee Schierer
04-11-2017, 4:04 PM
We're glad you are okay. Those 1 in a million shots can and do happen. Does that make your trimmer a power tool?:confused:

Earl McLain
04-11-2017, 7:34 PM
What a shocking experience that must have been!! (pun fully intended) Truly about the last thing one would expect. Glad the only thing damaged was the cord and not you.

earl

Bradley Gray
04-12-2017, 7:05 AM
Larry, you might have to start wearing one of those go-pro cameras around the shop.

Just keep that trimmer away from those big magnets!

Charles Lent
04-12-2017, 7:41 AM
Murphy's Law of Selective Gravitation. If it falls it will land in the worse possible place or the most difficult to retrieve.

Glad you are OK.

Charley