PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if it is a gloat or not.

Mac McAtee
06-21-2003, 7:12 PM
Saw an ad in todays paper for a Performax 16-32 Drum Sander w/dust collector for $575. Gave the gentleman a call. Don't need dust collector as I have a system in my shop already. Asked what the Performax by it's self would be. He cut the price to $400. He had bought it in 1994. I took off to his house and met an 80 year old fine gentleman who was moving back North to where he came from 20 years ago. Getting rid of all of his tools before the move. The machine is imaculate and I gave him a check and out the door I went, with the machine.

I have been looking on line for a web site for the company to see if I could get a manual on line for it and have not been sucessful in finding the company. I can find plenty of folks selling the machine but no web site for the manufacturer it's self. Can anyone out there give me a link?

Joe Tonich
06-21-2003, 7:21 PM
Yes Mac, that IS a gloat! If it would help, I could send you the tape that came with mine. I don't know if it's the same as mine (bought in 2001) but it might help if the adjustments are the same.

Joe

Terry Hatfield
06-21-2003, 7:28 PM
Mac,

Performax is part of WMH Tool Group now. Here is a link to their site. They don't offer any manuals on line, but there is contact info there. I'm sure they can send one to you.

http://www.jettools.com/Performax/PerformaxIndex.html

Terry

Mac McAtee
06-22-2003, 8:59 AM
Yes Mac, that IS a gloat! If it would help, I could send you the tape that came with mine. I don't know if it's the same as mine (bought in 2001) but it might help if the adjustments are the same.

Joe

Joe, That is a very kind offer. Let me see if I can get in contact with the mfg. at the address that Terry has posted. If I am not successful then I'll get back to you and see if we can get a copy of your tape made. Again, that is very kind of you to offer that tape to me.