PDA

View Full Version : wireless remote

John Lifer
04-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Well I purchased the wireless remote for the Ruida controller and got it installed the other day. The model is the BWK201r. Latest version, has a reset and led on the receiver.
First pic is the handheld itself. It is a bit clunky, but I won't lose it.

The setup fits the 6442s model controller for sure, it must have the rtlink 3 connector as shown in The second picture down. One issue was I had to source a connector as controller only comes with the connector for the receiver. And my controller did not have the 4mm connector on it. eBay for $4 please! Darn it!

The three connections on right goes to the . 357903
Wireless receiver module
And one wire goes to the 5volt connection on the right of the controller to power the
Receiver module.

Pretty simple to set up, when machine powers up you can turn on the handheld transmitter and it has connected to receiver module in about 5 second or else.
A couple of nice features is I can change my z axis with only one key press. Saves me time and wear on the main keypad. another very nice feature is that there is a speed button. In software for the wireless, you can set two speeds. Pushing the handheld toggles between them, so no more going into speed to change to fine tune position. Just hit speed button and then direction you want to move. Or zip across the table with t he fast setting. it also changes the z axis speed.
The other buttons work as normal and it has helped speed me up a bit. Just the ability to move head at a creep and then with another press speed up, makes it with the Money and time spent.

Ray Scott
04-15-2017, 12:53 AM
This wireless remote is really cool.
i am ordering one for my laser... NOW!