PDA

View Full Version : Received my Festool Pro 5

Jon Grider
04-06-2017, 8:05 AM
Delivered yesterday. Thanks Festool and Tool Nut. Initial impression after 10 minutes of use is favorable: well made, great dust collection,convenient near simultaneous on/off when plugged into the ct 36, and the variable speed is nice. I even got a pack of several grits of Rubin thrown in that I was not expecting. All is well between me and Festool again.

Mike Berrevoets
04-06-2017, 8:49 AM
I received mine yesterday as well. I tried it out for a few minutes and it was not as smooth as I expected with it's jumping around. Not nearly as smooth as my 150/3. I'll mess with it some more this weekend trying it out with different speeds, suction and type of wood but right out of the box I was not real impressed.

I know festool will make it right but just a little disappointing after a many month wait.

Jon Grider
04-06-2017, 9:23 AM
I received mine yesterday as well. I tried it out for a few minutes and it was not as smooth as I expected with it's jumping around. Not nearly as smooth as my 150/3. I'll mess with it some more this weekend trying it out with different speeds, suction and type of wood but right out of the box I was not real impressed.

I know festool will make it right but just a little disappointing after a many month wait.
Mike,I don't have any other Festool sander to compare the Pro
5 to, but it seems to be as good or better than my Makita, DW, and Hitachi lightweight ROS. For the price and the nice DC, I'm good with mine. Did you receive the Rubin pack with yours?