PDA

View Full Version : Ray Fine 7050-80w Shipped

Lyle Cheredaryk
04-06-2017, 7:28 AM
The day of delivery approaches. My laser was shipped this past weekend. Of course we are talking about the slow boat from China, so it will be awhile before it actually gets here.
Bryant sent me a few pictures as well:

John Lifer
04-06-2017, 7:48 AM
Looking good! And you have a cable on your rotary!
It does take a bit to get to you, I tracked and ship stopped about a half dozen more Chinese ports before it actually left.

Jimmy Myburgh
04-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Hi Lyle, same thing with mine, luckily, as they had holiday 2-4 April
If you use their freight guys, looks like they send the crate to Shenzen port -3 day rail? travel, but it skips the 5/6 ports after Quingdao port,heading south.
Also patiently looking forward to receiving it.

Lyle Cheredaryk
04-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Jimmy,
In the Email Bryant said it was in Guangzhou already. So it looks like it's at port ready for the ship.
Lyle

Brian Book
04-06-2017, 4:06 PM
Hey Lyle .... looking good ... Congrats on the pending arrival :)

Brian

Erik Goetheer
04-07-2017, 4:57 PM
Exciting times for you Lyle, congrats with the purchase. :) One advise, spend your time the coming weeks with searching and buying a better (read more silent) air exhaust. The one you will get, and most of us got, makes noise like a jet fighter! No kidding. And maybe buy a decent, and quit, air compressor that produces more and continuously air pressure than the one that is with your machine. I have the same one but I'm not quite happy with it and I probably will buy a decent air compressor soon.

Lyle Cheredaryk
04-07-2017, 6:17 PM
Erik,
I have no shortage of air compressors around my shop. Right from a 5hp down to a tiny one for brad nailing. I even have a converted refrigeration compressor I use for airbrushing. I will have to see what I can come up with for the fan though. I have read enough about these fans being noisy to be thinking I need something else or mount it outside.
Lyle

David Somers
04-07-2017, 8:14 PM
Erik,

Not sure why, but my air compressor for the air assist has been running quietly and smoothly. Not that that helps you. I did screw it down to a board so it isnt wandering around the garage. Actually, I used a board with casters on it and use that to hold the CW5000 and the air assist pump and a few other things external to the laser so I can easily move them around as needed. Still, doing that quieted the pump a bunch. Air flow has been smooth and consistent.

Lyle,

For what it is worth, I have the same air blower and Erik is right. Feel like I am working in the Boeing Engine test facility when I fire that puppy up. Then I got smart and put it in the crawl space under the house, which I can reach easily from the attached garage. I put it right by where I was going to exit the crawl space so there is a VERY short length of pipe on the positive pressure side of the pump. The rest of the pipe runs back through the crawl space and then into the garage where I have the laser. Quiet, almost no odors other than what seeps from the laser cabinet, and it is quiet inside the house too. My wife never knows if it is running or not. One thing I did do for safety was to put a remote camera by it so I can easily look at it. I also put a smoke detector above it just in case.

Lyle Cheredaryk
04-07-2017, 8:48 PM
David,
If I use the blower that comes with it, I will either put it in the attic space over my workshed, Keep the resident Raccoons awake and drive them crazy, or build a box for it outside. The camera and smoke detector are both good ideas.
Lyle

John Lifer
04-07-2017, 8:49 PM
I agree with David, you a must fasten the air compressor down or it will walk. It does have holes in each foot, I ended up wiretieing to handle of the CW5000. Actually works with little noise, and my exhaust blower is outside. I can't really hear it thru door. Wouldn't have it inside.

Erik Goetheer
04-08-2017, 6:58 PM
David, Lyle, I could be wrong with my assumption that the air compressor isn't producing a consistent flow. It's just that it produces a sound like it is pushing air in a fast frequency through the tube, but maybe that is the way these things work. And when I hold my fingers in the airflow it does seem continuously, so forget my remark.

Doug Fisher
04-08-2017, 10:02 PM
I cut an over-sized square of this stuff, put on my concrete floor, then put the air assist pump on top of it. This prevents it from "walking" and quiets it down a little.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-18-in-x-100-in-Premium-Solid-Drawer-Liner-Black-DTC130001/205191130

Lyle Cheredaryk
04-08-2017, 10:44 PM
I have a pretty good assortment of vibration isolation mounts kicking around in a drawer. Four of those on the compressor will cut the noise. If not, I will hook up to the shop compressor. I am used to the noise of it cycling.
Erik,
I am thinking these are diaphragm type(so called oil-less) compressor units. That explains the impression of an inconsistent flow until put it under some restriction like a finger over the end of the line. If you really wanted to even the flow you need to add an accumulation chamber between the compressor and the outlet tubing.