PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Chinese 50w laser

Chris McAlister
04-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Hi, I'm new to the Mill and am looking for input on my chinese 50watt laser. i recently did a default reset on my laser hoping to fix a a small issue and now it is worse. The display is showing a work space of 1000x1000 instead of 500x300 and the x and y axis are moving to the bottom left corner instead of top left. To make it even more fun the controls on the machine are moving in reverse {up is down etc). Can anyone help please. Thanks, Chris Mc

Bert Kemp
04-04-2017, 12:04 AM
Please list you make and model and software in your signature and you location. So we can give you better answers

Michael Henriksen
04-04-2017, 4:18 AM
You need to load the machine specific settings again. If you didn't take a backup before the reset to default then ask the manufacturer if they can send you the settings.

Chris McAlister
04-04-2017, 8:53 AM
Thanks. I didn't have a backup but I did have it on 2 other computers that I tried with very little success. It's a co2 50watt with rdc6442g controller. Please bare with me on this I'm still learning about the laser and programs. Thanks again. I probably will need a little more detail than most on here. Located in South Carolina USA

Bill George
04-04-2017, 9:33 AM
Thanks. I didn't have a backup but I did have it on 2 other computers that I tried with very little success. It's a co2 50watt with rdc6442g controller. Please bare with me on this I'm still learning about the laser and programs. Thanks again. I probably will need a little more detail than most on here. Located in South Carolina USA

Chris the setup file is inside the machine controller memory and was entered at the factory. When you did the hard reset it wiped all that machine specific information, you will need to get that file or the information from the people who sold you that machine, unless you can find someone with exactly the same machine as yours. Since the Chinese sometimes change gearing and stepper motors for each individual unit, even the same model of machine might differ from yours.

Chris McAlister
04-04-2017, 9:40 AM
OK thanks I'll start emailing today.

Julian Ashcroft
04-04-2017, 9:45 AM
If you are using RD Works those are pretty simple things to fix. In Config/Page Settings you can alter the size of the bed. For the up down try Config/System settings and tick or untick Axis X Mirror and Axis Y Mirror.

Chris McAlister
04-04-2017, 3:47 PM
I tried that adjustment but on the display screen on the machine is still 1000x1000, I am running Rd works. Thanks

Doug Fisher
04-05-2017, 3:22 PM
You should go join the RDWorks Lab forum. They have archived sets of default files for many of the Chinese lasers. If you have the classic blue and white 50W laser, there is set there.

Chris McAlister
04-05-2017, 4:43 PM
I will look into it thanks.

Chris McAlister
04-05-2017, 4:49 PM
Well the manufacturer had me do a def reset again and it has fixed my issues on with the display screen and home origin, but now my y axis is making a noise when in motion, the laser is not working and the x axis is moving full length of frame when etching a 30mm square. These issues should be in the vendor settings but not sure which ones. Thanks for any help and input.

Ray Scott
04-15-2017, 1:12 AM
Slow down cowboy....

You can solve these problems pretty easy. You need to use the RDWorks software and access the Vendor Settings pages. The default vendor password is "rd8888". You need to have the computer connected to the laser machine through the USB or the network jack. (USB is easier) .. From that point, you need to "Read" the current configuration.

@ change the work range for X-axis. ... "Write" the changes back to the controller.
@ change the xxxxxx values.... "Write" the changes back to the controller.

i think you get the idea.

thank You,