PDA

View Full Version : turning club in MN

Brandon Speaks
04-03-2017, 8:30 PM
Does anyone know of turning clubs or classes in MN? Preferably in the north metro area although that part is flexible.

I saw Minnesota Wood turners association but it does not look like there is much opportunity for hands on turning with others which is what I am going for. I assume with a population this size there must be other clubs?

Jason Ost
04-03-2017, 9:02 PM
There is one in St. Cloud, that meets on Thursdays from 6-9. Mid MN Association of Woodturners. Don't know much about it but they have a website.

Doug W Swanson
04-04-2017, 4:10 PM
Brandon, Minnesota Woodturners does offer some classes. Usually they are once a month or so and pertain to sharpening, bowls, natural edge bowls, etc. They also offer classes with professional turners a few times each year. They have meetings monthly and they usuallly involve a turning challenge, turning demonstrations, wood raffle etc. I've been a member for 5 or 6 years and everyone is friendly and helpful. I don't make many meetings because of my busy schedule but it's worth checking out.

ken kruizenga
04-04-2017, 4:26 PM
Brandon, go to the Minnesota Woodturners Ass. website and look under calendar drop down there is usually a list of classes available for the month selected. There is a meeting on this coming Saturday morning one of the members is doing a demo on turning bowls this month. If you join you will get notifications on offered classes. Also they may be able to hook you up with a turner in your general area of the twin cities. They are a lot of benefits to joining the club that more than pay for the dues to join.