PDA

View Full Version : Trouble

Jesus Torres
04-03-2017, 1:39 PM
Hello everyone. Lokking for some help. My laser engraver start engraving at different power, maybe for the first 30 seconds then change to the normal power and leave me a different engraved area. Any help could be usefull. Thanks in advance.

Bert Kemp
04-03-2017, 1:45 PM
Please put your laser make and model and your location in your signature it will help everyone to better help you

Hello everyone. Lokking for some help. My laser engraver start engraving at different power, maybe for the first 30 seconds then change to the normal power and leave me a different engraved area. Any help volud be usefull. Thanks in advance.

Jesus Torres
04-03-2017, 1:59 PM
357549Look the difference in the engraved area

Bert Kemp
04-03-2017, 2:04 PM
still have no idea what you have for a machine we can't help if we don't know what were trying to fix please list your equipment in your signature

Jesus Torres
04-03-2017, 2:35 PM
I have a Chinesse laser engraver 75watts with Laser Cut 5.1

Bert Kemp
04-03-2017, 2:46 PM
well I can't really see the engraved area you have a photo of your honey comb and the top of something else. What material are you engraving??

Jesus Torres
04-03-2017, 2:48 PM
Balsa wood

Bert Kemp
04-03-2017, 2:59 PM
looks like your using to much power and the wood is burning on the sides. make your verticle setting less power then the horizontal

Kev Williams
04-03-2017, 7:30 PM
Looks to me like you're running at or near 100% power-

On the horizontal line the top few sweeps look a bit deeper then it gets a bit shallower-
Not sure but it may be an indication you're overdriving the tube- this becomes apparent in the lower engraving where the sides are quite deep, and I'm assuming the lettering is plenty deep but it's not visible in the pic--

What may happening is the controller and/or the tube is cutting down the output power across the long horizontal stretch of always-on lasering, but when it gets to the sides and text, those are just short 'on-times' for the laser and full power is available..

The easiest way to check this is to run the same job at 50% power and see if the engraving is more consistent, I'm betting it will be.

Many Chinese lasers reach their full power at around 70% as entered in the software. I rarely take my machine over 70%, especially during cutting.

Bill George
04-04-2017, 8:13 AM
Hello everyone. Lokking for some help. My laser engraver start engraving at different power, maybe for the first 30 seconds then change to the normal power and leave me a different engraved area. Any help could be usefull. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you might have a loose connection someplace and maybe more issues. Start with turning the power off and check all your connections on the controllers and to the motors. Looking does not count. pulling or using a screwdriver does.

Ray Scott
04-15-2017, 1:19 AM
I would like to throw my experience into this conversation. I see the difference in the laser engraving depth. So long as you have a large amount of area to engrave on the width, it will engrave deeper. ... It's the laser power supply. ..Fact.

The laser power supply is improperly tuned in the inside. It is quite difficult to explain, but it is absolutely the laser power supply tuning. My advice.... Buy a higher quality laser power supply.

Thank You,

Bill George
04-15-2017, 11:39 AM
I know RF tubes and supplies need tuning, but DC glass tube power supplies.. what would you tune? It might be a poor design and construction PS I will agree. I have been in amateur (Ham) radio since the late 70's so I know a little about RF and tuning.