PDA

View Full Version : rockwell-invicta model RC-33 planer question

john h kennedy
04-03-2017, 10:18 AM
I've lost the knife gauge that comes with the planer. Does anyone know how far above the head that this gauge is designed to set the blades? thanks!!

Bruce Wrenn
04-03-2017, 9:47 PM
Doing some google searching, it seems that the back edge of the bevel is even with the slot in cutter head. This means knives project 1/8" +/-. The is a thread here SMC) on using magnetic knife setting gauge from Woodcraft. If you can find someone who has converted their DC-380 to spiral head, knife setting gauge is the same. Most likely several Grizzly machines use same diameter head as your DC-33, and their gauge would work for you. Try both G6701 and G0453, as both have three knife head that uses 1" X 1/8" knives.

john h kennedy
04-04-2017, 10:48 AM
thanks for the advice! I have been setting the knives to the head,visually, like you suggested for years but always wondered if that was correct. I'm ready for a magnetic knife gauge but finding one for that machine is a problem. The head diameter is aprox. 2 3/4 inches....to large for the mini's and too small for the standard larger heads. Plus it's in a bit of a trough. Any ideas here?