PDA

View Full Version : Saw blade help

steve steransak
04-02-2017, 7:27 PM
i have this blade for my Vargas safety saw. The problem I have is I find these blades all over but none have the pin holes. Does anyone know where I can look or how I can search for them. I have found them in England but that seems a bit silly. Also can I drill holes in a regular blade?

Bill Space
04-02-2017, 8:05 PM
Just a thought...

Could you buy the blade that has the required center hole, then drill the two smaller holes you need yourself?

Seems like the center hole is the critical one.

Edit: sorry I see your already considered this. My guess that you can drill the holes, but the proof is in the pudding. ��

Bill

steve steransak
04-02-2017, 8:25 PM
Thanks Bill. It seems like that will be my best option.

Bruce Wrenn
04-02-2017, 9:09 PM
To drill holes, you will need to anneal spot that you are drilling. Contact Freud in High Point NC and see if they are available. Carbide Processors could probably supply you with needed blades.

Dave Zellers
04-02-2017, 9:13 PM
If you found it in England I don't see anything silly about ordering from there. Seem much easier than drilling those holes yourself.

steve steransak
04-03-2017, 8:19 AM
Thanks for the information guys.

Rod Sheridan
04-03-2017, 8:20 AM
Any saw shop will be able to bore the arbour hole and the pin holes.

I pay less than $20 for that where I live..........Rod.

Jerrimy Snook
04-03-2017, 9:26 AM
Saw plate drills easy enough without annealing. I use cobalt bits in the milling machine for accuracy but my Dewalt cordless drill using sharp hss bits will work too. Aside from sharp drill bits, keeping the rpm low, about 100- 250 rpm, will produce the best results without work hardening and with minimal aggravation.