PDA

View Full Version : Bent Lamination Shadow Box

Frederick Gross
03-30-2017, 7:38 AM
I recently decided to finally get around to building a shadowbox for myself. I originally did a similar box about 10 years ago for myself, but a friend's wife wanted one for his retirement. Since my tools were packed for moving, I took my stuff out and re-did the insert for him.

I utilized walnut from a local urban forester and refined the lines of the design from the original design. I had some laser engraving done to utilize some of the open space on the bomb fins. It has a hand rubbed oil finish. I am very happy the way it turned out.

David Falkner
03-30-2017, 7:58 AM
That looks very nice, Fredrick!! Is that your original design? If so, do you mind if I copy it?

Thanks,
David

Chris Schoenthal
03-30-2017, 9:44 AM
Very nice! I like the design and craftsmanship.
BTW..thanks for your obviously outstanding service.

Frederick Gross
06-16-2017, 6:55 AM
David, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Bobby Logan
07-04-2017, 9:01 AM
Quite unexpected to see this. My youngest son is AFEOD. Thank you for your service, sir. I'm blown away by you're craftsmanship. (See what I did there)

Frederick Gross
07-24-2017, 2:19 PM
Quite unexpected to see this. My youngest son is AFEOD. Thank you for your service, sir. I'm blown away by you're craftsmanship. (See what I did there)

Next time you talk to your son thank him for me for his service and being one of the .45%.