PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Grizzly 10% discount coupon

Kevin Vasko
03-29-2017, 6:47 PM
Not sure if this is against the rules, but buying a grizzly 8" jointer G0490x and am trying to find a coupon code but have no idea where to get one. Does anyone know where to get one or have one that they aren't going to use?

Cary Falk
03-29-2017, 7:32 PM
They usually show up on Wood or WJ if you have a subscription in spring and fall. I get them in e-mails sometimes. That being said, I think I have seen 1 in the last couple of years and that was last fall.

Kevin Vasko
03-30-2017, 12:41 AM
They usually show up on Wood or WJ if you have a subscription in spring and fall. I get them in e-mails sometimes. That being said, I think I have seen 1 in the last couple of years and that was last fall.

Damn, that is unfortunate :(. Ready to pull the trigger on an 8" jointer and would be nice to save the ~$100 or so (or at least pay for shipping).

Bill Jobe
03-30-2017, 1:00 AM
Mine came recently via Wood Magazine. Used it to buy a g0766 lathe:)

Van Huskey
03-30-2017, 1:14 AM
Damn, that is unfortunate :(. Ready to pull the trigger on an 8" jointer and would be nice to save the ~$100 or so (or at least pay for shipping).

Is the spiral cutter version of the 490 in stock now? There haven't been for a while, if not it gives you some time to wait on a coupon, but they haven't seemed to as prevalent in the last couple of years as they once were.

Kevin Vasko
03-30-2017, 8:15 AM
Mine came recently via Wood Magazine. Used it to buy a g0766 lathe:)

Someone said that if you order the grizzly magazine you get the coupon as well. Ordered the grizzly magazine so I hope that is true.

Kevin Vasko
03-30-2017, 8:17 AM
Is the spiral cutter version of the 490 in stock now? There haven't been for a while, if not it gives you some time to wait on a coupon, but they haven't seemed to as prevalent in the last couple of years as they once were.

Yeah, it is still out of stock. They do have a deal right now for the 490x there is free shipping, hopefully that doesn't disappear in the meantime.

Cary Falk
03-30-2017, 8:25 AM
Someone said that if you order the grizzly magazine you get the coupon as well. Ordered the grizzly magazine so I hope that is true.
I have received every catalog and sales flier Grizzly has sent out in the last 8 years and I have never seen a coupon code on any of them.

Michael Shoffner
03-30-2017, 9:01 AM
I've been stalking the Grizzly 8" jointers as well. I called them yesterday and sales dept. said the GO490 and GO656 are both due in to the warehouse on May 17th.
I also heard their spring sale will start April 10th. The sales lady assured me that the free shipping noted on some of the jointers will be good for the entire year. Hope this helps

Chris Hachet
03-30-2017, 9:10 AM
I've been stalking the Grizzly 8" jointers as well. I called them yesterday and sales dept. said the GO490 and GO656 are both due in to the warehouse on May 17th.
I also heard their spring sale will start April 10th. The sales lady assured me that the free shipping noted on some of the jointers will be good for the entire year. Hope this helpsI got the same news from them, thinking about one of their planers but will probably wind up with a used Powermatic.

Kevin Vasko
03-30-2017, 9:45 AM
I also heard their spring sale will start April 10th. The sales lady assured me that the free shipping noted on some of the jointers will be good for the entire year. Hope this helps

Ah, damn! Well I guess that is good to know about stock coming in and the new sale but sucks it's so far away!

Thanks for the information!

Chris Hachet
03-30-2017, 9:50 AM
Ah, damn! Well I guess that is good to know about stock coming in and the new sale but sucks it's so far away!

Thanks for the information!Not really, it is a trade off I think. Grizzly runs on fairly thin profit margins and can't afford to have tons of unsold inventory plugging up warehouses. I actually give them a plus one for being fiscally responsible. the other real positive here is that more people are I think doing woodworking. Every time I walk into Wood Craft or Wood Werks I see lots of younger people and lots of women buying tools, lumber and books. Used equipment disappears off of Craigslist around here as if the CIA were buying it up for a covert operation. Demand means the hobby/craft/trade of woodworking is growing and developing...

Just my two cents, but I look at this in a glass half full kind of a way.

John Donofrio
03-30-2017, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the information!

For what it's worth I ordered a G0490X a few weeks ago knowing it was out of stock, both the website and Grizzly CS said so. I ordered anyway to get on the waiting list expecting to wait a couple months for it to ship. A couple days later I get a shipping notification via email and a few days after that the thing was at my house.

I have no idea how or why. Maybe they found one tucked away in the warehouse?

Randy Red Bemont
03-30-2017, 11:09 AM

Sometimes the Grizzly main catalog will come with a 5% coupon code on the back cover. Mine did this year. Wood magazine and WWJ will have a 10% coupon in the Spring and Fall but it's not a guarantee. The G0490X is a great jointer.

Red

Ben Rivel
03-30-2017, 11:13 AM
I got one via email once, but have yet to ever see another. I would love another one but cant figure out if there is anyway to get one other than dumb luck.

Kevin Vasko
03-30-2017, 11:59 AM

For what it's worth I ordered a G0490X a few weeks ago knowing it was out of stock, both the website and Grizzly CS said so. I ordered anyway to get on the waiting list expecting to wait a couple months for it to ship. A couple days later I get a shipping notification via email and a few days after that the thing was at my house.

I have no idea how or why. Maybe they found one tucked away in the warehouse?

Well damn that is awesome! I would love to go ahead and place this order if i could find the coupon! Haha.

On a side note, what do you feel about the 490x vs 490xw cuts per minute difference? That's the only thing different from what I can tell (cutter diameter is smaller on the 490xw making it spin slightly faster). The prices of both saws are comparable (except shipping obviously).

Thanks for the heads up.

John Donofrio
03-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Well damn that is awesome! I would love to go ahead and place this order if i could find the coupon! Haha.

On a side note, what do you feel about the 490x vs 490xw cuts per minute difference? That's the only thing different from what I can tell (cutter diameter is smaller on the 490xw making it spin slightly faster). The prices of both saws are comparable (except shipping obviously).

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I too was hoping to find or receive a 10% coupon (Wood Mag subscriber here) but never did.

I asked the CS guy at Grizzly about the differences between the X and XW and he said the only difference is the factory. The XW comes from a new(er) factory. Not sure why there are a few (very minor) spec differences.

Kevin Vasko
03-30-2017, 2:11 PM

Yeah, I too was hoping to find or receive a 10% coupon (Wood Mag subscriber here) but never did.

I asked the CS guy at Grizzly about the differences between the X and XW and he said the only difference is the factory. The XW comes from a new(er) factory. Not sure why there are a few (very minor) spec differences.

That is interesting they said that. The x and xw versions definitely have a difference in the diameter of the cutter head. Whether that makes a difference or not is the question. I highly doubt it does though and it probably would be fairly rare for someone to have both to do a side by side comparison to check.

Kevin Vasko
03-31-2017, 10:07 AM
Found a 1 time use 10% coupon that expired TODAY! Just be orders the 490x.

Ben Rivel
03-31-2017, 10:22 AM
Found a 1 time use 10% coupon that expired TODAY! Just be orders the 490x.Lucky! If you happen to run across another and dont need it PM me! :)