PDA

View Full Version : Corner Cabinet Completed (w/pics)

Jon Farley
10-18-2005, 1:20 PM
Well, this past weekend in between deer hunting and watching my beloved Nittany Lions lose with one second left on the clock:mad: :mad: :mad:, I managed to finish up my latest project for LOML and get it moved into the house. It is a "downsized" corner cabinet that she wanted made for a specific corner in our bedroom as a place to store sheets. The cabinet is made out of poplar, while the door is white pine. The whole thing is 75 inches tall. I designed it myself, but more less based it off a larger corner cabinet (not built by me) we have. It only took me a couple weeks to build it, and it was much easier than my last project (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=23931), which by the way sits directly across from this latest one in our bedroom. Thanks for looking.

I don't know why the pictures are so small, but if you click on them you can see them in their proper size.

Rob Russell
10-18-2005, 1:40 PM
Nice job. If the LOML is happy - everybody is happy.

Tom Bickley
10-18-2005, 2:15 PM
Nice looking corner cabinet!

My saturday was also ruined by the unfortunate last second touchdown against the Nittany Lions:mad:

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2005, 2:59 PM
Nice cabinet Jon. Looks mighty nice. I was also saddened by Penn State loss.:(

John Hagelberger
10-18-2005, 3:00 PM
Jon,

Nice job on your recent build. It turned out really well. My question for you is on the previous cabinet you built with your daughter standing inside? Where did you get those plans or idea...that is exactly what I am looking to build for our bedroom (lack of closet space).

Any help with size or dimensions or a plan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Scott Loven
10-18-2005, 3:16 PM
Great looking cabinet Jon, did you consider building it flush to the wall,and covering the molding? I have been thinking of a hutch that I can take with me if I move and am considering both options.
Scott

Bob Winkler
10-18-2005, 3:17 PM
Excellent job and nice attention to detail. I like the paint/stain contrast. Thanks for showing it.;)

Bob

Jon Farley
10-18-2005, 3:39 PM
Jon,

Nice job on your recent build. It turned out really well. My question for you is on the previous cabinet you built with your daughter standing inside? Where did you get those plans or idea...that is exactly what I am looking to build for our bedroom (lack of closet space).

Any help with size or dimensions or a plan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

John, here is a direct link to the website where I purchased the plans for that armoire: http://www.plansnow.com/armoire.html

Jon

Jon Farley
10-18-2005, 3:50 PM
Great looking cabinet Jon, did you consider building it flush to the wall,and covering the molding? I have been thinking of a hutch that I can take with me if I move and am considering both options.
Scott

I considered that, but with the rather tall baseboard you see in the picture, to cut out that profile in the cabinet would not work, as it would mean cutting large holes right into the back "walls" of the lowest shelf. Don't know if that's a clear explanation.

Also, that particular corner in the room is not perfectly square (it's slightly greater than 90 degrees), so that fact alone would sort of negate any attempt to make the cabinet (which is a perfect 90) fit flush. And, that eplains why, in the picture their is a small gap between each side of the cabinet base and the wall baseboard.