PDA

View Full Version : Problems after using a Rotary

April Murphy
03-27-2017, 9:02 PM
Hi
I am a new user here and I hope I have put this question in the right spot. I do apologise if I have not.
I own a 60W Chinese Laser Cutter. I have recently used the rotary for the first time. After I first set it up, I went to frame my job and the axis bar jammed itself up against the edge and made a loud noise. I am not sure if I have damaged something or not. Now when I try to use the laser for normal cutting or engraving it seems as though the Y axis is not working properly. The job will start as normal but the Y axis will barely move. The job comes out squished into a 1/3 or less of its proper size. To add to this my interface (control panel) on the machine itself, is not working. The screen lights up but you cant see anything. So this makes resetting anything on the actual machine very difficult. Do I need to configure the settings in RDWorks? Can anyone help me?

Wilbur Harris
03-31-2017, 4:59 PM
Did you change the Y axis settings to accommodate the rotary device?

John Kleiber
03-31-2017, 6:38 PM
April,

Please review the following discussion thread. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?253021-Engraving-coming-out-strange

As you read the thread you should see some correlation between the problem your having.

I posted in that thread roughly 27 steps you need to take when going between rotary and flatbed settings.

This is just a wild guess, but as for the blank control panel, if the panel was ok during rotary, it will probably be ok once you reconfigure via RDWorks.

Thanks
John

April Murphy
04-01-2017, 4:09 AM
Hi
Before I started using the rotary I didn't change anything. I didn't even read the manual. I basically plugged it in and sent a design through. I am feeling like a real idiot now.
I have tried a few different things now and still cant seem to fix the problem. I keep going back to the beginning and doing the rotary process as it should have be done but it doesn't seem to fix my problem.

April Murphy
04-01-2017, 4:10 AM
Thanks John
I will have a read
The control panel was blank before all of this. It just makes it harder to solve the problem with the Y axis.

John Kleiber
04-01-2017, 9:19 AM
Thanks John
I will have a read
The control panel was blank before all of this. It just makes it harder to solve the problem with the Y axis.

I'd say you need to get with the vendor and get the panel issue fixed first.

Joseph Shawa
04-01-2017, 9:39 AM
If you don't know what the default settings were then simply reinstall the software.
You didn't say which software you are using.
Then upload the machine settings back to the machine.

I doubt that it changed by itself but it is possible that it was left in the state it was tested.
So in fact, before you reinstall the software I would guess that the software is already in the default state so just upload the machine settings as they are currently.

April Murphy
04-15-2017, 11:51 PM
Yep I tried this and it made no difference. Starting all over again. trying anything I can
New display is on its way