PDA

View Full Version : Cermark substitute

Neville Stewart
03-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Couldn't find that thread about the competitors version, did anyone ever test it out?

Keith Downing
03-27-2017, 12:41 PM
The only one I remember was about 6-12 months back and it seemed like the guy was spamming his product. Might have been removed as such.

Gary Hair
03-27-2017, 12:49 PM
There is one on EE from January, I'm not very impressed with the product or the person though. The product I tested when he first came out with it was very much inferior to Cermark and the price was not all that great. The person, Paul Harrison, has never answered any of the questions I had regarding his claims that it worked with a fiber laser. I asked him several times on this forum as well as on EE and he either ignored or evaded the question. I buys my Cermark, I marks my parts, I collects my money...

Neville Stewart
03-27-2017, 1:10 PM
There is one on EE from January, I'm not very impressed with the product or the person though. The product I tested when he first came out with it was very much inferior to Cermark and the price was not all that great. The person, Paul Harrison, has never answered any of the questions I had regarding his claims that it worked with a fiber laser. I asked him several times on this forum as well as on EE and he either ignored or evaded the question. I buys my Cermark, I marks my parts, I collects my money...
Yes Im with you Gary - I just had a friend ask and while it sounded promising, they always do don't they. Ill let him know.

Klaus Madsen
04-01-2017, 6:56 AM
One thing there have been up a couple of time is, Dry Moly instead of Cermark. I have never tried Cermark myself because it is too expensive. I have tried Dry Molly and it is maybe not so black as the results you can get with Cermark but for the Price I'm ok with that.

John Lifer
04-01-2017, 8:03 AM
Lasermark 100 I have a tub of it and I didn't find it worked as well as Lmm-14 that I use. But that's just me. I've seen others elsewhere be happy with it. But if cermark works for you, why change? I'll try it again and give a better comparison.

Bill George
04-01-2017, 10:17 AM
One thing there have been up a couple of time is, Dry Moly instead of Cermark. I have never tried Cermark myself because it is too expensive. I have tried Dry Molly and it is maybe not so black as the results you can get with Cermark but for the Price I'm ok with that.

It may not apply to Zealand but what brand are you using and is it black in color?

Mike Null
04-01-2017, 11:13 AM
I gave this stuff a try several months back and felt it was a total disaster. Very messy, less than acceptable results and, all things considered, not that cheap.

Bill George
04-01-2017, 1:06 PM
I gave this stuff a try several months back and felt it was a total disaster. Very messy, less than acceptable results and, all things considered, not that cheap.
Mike, I thought I would try it with my Fiber. At $10 per can I will use for its intended purpose if it does not work out.