PDA

View Full Version : Some good new hearing protection

Steve Wargo
10-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I knowI usually frequent the hand tool forum, but this is where I'll post this. I recently looked through the FWW Tool Guide issue and saw a small article on some hearing protection. It was a new product called SensGard ZEM. I hate wearing muffs, and the little plugs always seem to get lost, so I decided to order a pair. They arrived last week and I had the opportunity to use them this weekend. What a difference. Very comfortable, and the noise reduction is as good as muffs if not better. They are nice because I can store a few pairs of them (for students) in a small area and each student can just have their own pair. At $25 they are well worth it. They hoop can be worn behind the head or on top shich is also very nice. They also came with a few extra ear pieces that are replacable when they start to where out. The website is Sensgard.com and the phone number is (877) 208-0883. No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

Jeff Sudmeier
10-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I have used plugs for some time, but like you am always loosing them!

Lloyd Brown
10-18-2005, 11:37 AM
I purchased a set at my local WOODCRAFT store. ($20). They are comfortable, and they were designed and tested by a local school. Trying to support the local economey.

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up Steve. I like Jeff am always misplacing mine. Can never find them when I do lay them down.

Karl Laustrup
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up Steve.

What is the Db noise reduction, if I might ask?

Karl

Steve Wargo
10-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I think the low end is like 26db, but it increases through the higher freqs to 29 or 30. I read all the info on the site and was impressed. Customer service was very good, and they fold up to the size of a pair of glasses and have thier own pouch to keep them clean.

Bob Noles
10-19-2005, 7:05 PM
Steve,

Thanks so much for this heads up. After researching these, I placed my order for them yesterday. They look like a fantastic way to go.