PDA

View Full Version : Lenmar ultralaq precat lacquer?

Jared Sankovich
03-23-2017, 6:43 PM
I'm to the finishing stage of cabinets for my pantry and am looking at the lenmar pigmented lacquer to match the bm advance I used on the trim. Does anyone have and experience with the product or advice/suggestion on another product (KCMA rated and not waterborne)

Being as its a stand alone walk in pantry without the normal water issues in a kitchen is the sanding vinyl sealer necessary? Or would the precat undercoat over BIN primer before the topcoat be sufficient?

The backs and a single piece face frame (per wall) will be installed after paint.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/jar944/rps20170323_181419_316_zpsaneixo4v.jpg

Chris Fairbanks
03-24-2017, 6:26 AM
I don't know anything about Lenmar but why not just use BM Advance on the cabinet as well?

Jared Sankovich
03-24-2017, 2:13 PM
I don't know anything about Lenmar but why not just use BM Advance on the cabinet as well?

Dry time, cure time and durability

Steve Obarowski
04-24-2017, 11:51 AM
The Ultra Laq by Lenmar is a great product and can be re coated in less then an hr. I would highly recommend going this route.

I always use a sealer to provide an even absorption rate for the undercoat. Personally, I would not risk skipping the sealer step as the appearance of the top coat could be affected and it is a small amount of work when compared to the entire build.

Let us know where you end up and how it turns out!

Jim Becker
04-24-2017, 8:41 PM
Lenmar is a good name...my contractors used a Lenmar oil based varnish on our wide pine flooring when our addition went up. I'm not familiar with the lacquer product, however, as I don't use anything that's not water borne.