PDA

View Full Version : Incra Miter 1000SE..Not 90 to table...

Corey Hallagan
10-17-2005, 9:58 PM
After reading Larry Crims post, I checked my Incra and I can believe that the fence not 90 degrees verticle to the table. I was sure I checked this when I set this up. Some of you mentioned that yours was out on the 90 degree check as well and you mentioned that you shimmed it. Can you tell me exactly how you shimmed it back to 90 degrees? Should it really be necessary to do this?

Thanks,
Corey

Roy Wall
10-17-2005, 10:07 PM
After reading Larry Crims post, I checked my Incra and I can believe that the fence not 90 degrees verticle to the table. I was sure I checked this when I set this up. Some of you mentioned that yours was out on the 90 degree check as well and you mentioned that you shimmed it. Can you tell me exactly how you shimmed it back to 90 degrees? Should it really be necessary to do this?

Thanks,
Corey

Corey - I loosened the two hex screws that allow the face to "slide" closer or farther from the blade. THis will give you some "wiggle" . Then I put a thin strip of blue painter's masking tape (it's what was closest to me:cool: )
between the fence and the face of the guage.

In my case, the fence was slightly "OVER" 90* when I checked it with the machinist square....so I put the tape "ABOVE" the hex screws to tilt the fence "forward" and thus square to the table..

If it's too closed; then shim with the tape BELOW the hex screws...

Does this make sense..........??

Corey Hallagan
10-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi yeah Roy. Mine is way off and open or in other words it tilts back 1/8 of an inch or so. Way off and I am sure this wasn't the case orginally cause I know i checked that. Dont know why it would of gone out like that. Should I put additional washers on the hex screws that hold the fence to the bracket?
Corey

Roy Wall
10-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi yeah Roy. Mine is way off and open or in other words it tilts back 1/8 of an inch or so. Way off and I am sure this wasn't the case orginally cause I know i checked that. Dont know why it would of gone out like that. Should I put additional washers on the hex screws that hold the fence to the bracket?
Corey

Oohhhhh - that is quite a bit off....

From the manual -

To adjust, loosen the (3) #10-24 socket head screws that secure the bracket and slide a paper or plastic shim between the bracket and the protractor head. Placing the shim behind the screws will decrease the anlge (what you want!). Placing the shim in front of the screws will increase the angle....

Mine was so slight I used the tape off the vertical bracket that holds the fence. MIne was a different approach:eek: - but it works okay !

You will need a shim behind those 3 socket screws to tilt it down towards the table....maybe test it with some thicknesses of paper strips first and then go to something more permanent?? playing cards???

Corey Hallagan
10-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I got yah. Didn't think about the manual. Didn't figure that "fixes" for out of plumb fence would be part of it. I will have to see what gives when I get back from business trip on Thursday. Thanks Roy!

Corey

Larry Crim
10-18-2005, 9:49 AM
Mine was off greater than 90 also and was quite a bit so I used foil to shim it rather than the tape. I had found mine off twice now so I am thinking that there a possability that the mount or even the aluminum fence is flexing and bending.
Larry