PDA

View Full Version : Learning how to use I-Cut 7 Pro

Paul Rodgers
03-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Hi,
I work at an Australian Company which uses a Kern 400HSE Laser to cut sheet acrylic. Usually we run cuts through CorelDraw x6 and KCAM software which works fine and rarely causes issues. However recently I have learnt that we can cut pre-printed acrylic sheets using i-cut 7 because our laser has the K-vision camera installed. The problem is that the laser was installed before I began working at the company and nobody here has received any training or has any idea how this process works.

We have an upcoming job which has the potential to become between 8000-20000 separate pre-printed panels which I will have to cut and using CorelDraw to do this, while possible, will be an absolute nightmare.

So my question is simple, is there some dark depth of the internet which has training videos or manuals to help me understand and run i-cut 7 or am I up a certain creek without a paddle?

Bert Kemp
03-22-2017, 11:32 PM
have you asked Kern for the manual?

Paul Rodgers
03-22-2017, 11:39 PM
Yes I have, they keep telling me it's coming but it has been weeks. Also tried to get in contact with their subsidiary in Australia, but can't even get anyone on the phone.

Scott Shepherd
03-24-2017, 8:16 AM
Paul, where are you having issues? I don't have i-cut, but there are many very sharp guys on here, maybe if you post up the specific issues, you can get some answers to help guide you in the right direction. I know the Trotec machines used to have i-cut available but I think they moved away from it. I imagine there are some people out there with some i-cut experience.

What are your specific questions? Where are you getting stuck? Do you have the capability to print and test cut some things?

Derek Kern
03-27-2017, 5:29 PM
Hello Paul,

I apologize for the problems on this. In your original post you mentioned I-cut and k-vision. These are two completely different systems so we need to determine which you actually have. We no longer sell the I-cut system as their company was bought out and the new company quit selling to OEMs. We now offer our own proprietary k-vision on all new systems. I should be able to tell from your serial number if you have the older I-cut or new k-vision system installed. I will be happy to get you documentation/videos on either. Also, you are always welcome to call our free tech support and they will walk you through the vision system process step by step.

If you do have the older I-cut here is a step by step video for your Kern system: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7648m10moo4qi7/i-cut%20complete.wmv?dl=0