PDA

View Full Version : Laguna lasers

gary l roberts
03-21-2017, 6:43 PM
Any body use Laguna lasers? They are glass tubes with chillers, no doubt imports but was wondering if anybody is working with them and what software they are using?

Bill George
03-21-2017, 7:03 PM
Any body use Laguna lasers? They are glass tubes with chillers, no doubt imports but was wondering if anybody is working with them and what software they are using?

Gary its probably your typical Chinese laser, made to whatever spec's or lack of spec's the seller wants, along with a creative name. Your going to have to figure out what brand of control system they put in it and what software they are currently using. Info on here about those brands if you search. Found in 20 seconds with a Google Search > http://lagunatools.com/cnc-laser/

Lyle Cheredaryk
03-21-2017, 7:57 PM
Looks like the same supplier that Logilase gets theirs from. http://www.logilase.com/all-products.html

Lyle Cheredaryk
03-21-2017, 8:08 PM
If it is the same, and it looks to be, then it is using RDWorks8 and here is a picture off the website of the controller.356678

Dave Sheldrake
03-22-2017, 2:32 AM
They are Bodors

Doug Hoffman
03-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Yep, Dave is right! They are Bodors!

Robert Bonenfant
03-22-2017, 7:54 PM

I just bought a Laguna smart shop router about a 2 months ago and the Tec that came out to install it said the control on there lasers matched my lasers controller (camfive). It's a new series of machines they just got into from what the tec said. If it's anything like there smartshop machine than it's well built. I haven't seen the lasers in person but I have seen there routers and plasma in action and they work great. There tec support is really good too, not as fast as camfive but good.
If you have keep an eye on there website they had alot more options for different laser machines about 2 months ago and now it looks like they dropped it to 5 CO2 machine setups from I think 9.

gary l roberts
03-23-2017, 7:17 AM
Thanks everybody. I would think, perhaps they will be at AWFS in Vegas this summer.