PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts

Joe Pelonio
10-17-2005, 2:26 PM
I thought with many of you living in or being near old buildings, or even using really old wood, I'd see if any one else has any experience with what could be considered ghosts. Having watched "Ghosts Hunters" on TV and finding it entertaining, most of what they find is explained by normal things, yet my wife and I had an experience that makes us wonder. She will never go back to the Palace Hotel where we stayed overnight in Port Townsend, WA. last summer.

Maybe the place being over 100 years old made it a little creepy to begin with, then we got the key at 5pm but did not return until about midnight, so had to use the side entrance. At the top of the first flight of stairs was a picture of a woman, and we both avoided looking at the eyes, it just was one of those where you almost expect to see them move. Up on the 3rd floor in our room there was one of those fans on a stand, we liked the air but not directly on us so I turned it toward the foot of the bed. Later I was awakened by the air hitting me in the face, so got up and turned on the light but the fan was still aimed at the foot of the bed. So I turned it off
and spend a good part of the rest of the night wondering if I was nuts.

At the time we did not know that it was thought to be haunted by 3 ghosts, one the madame and one a worker from when it had been a brothel years ago, the other a victim of domestic violence who had been pushed out the 3rd floor window. They even have a guest book specifically for people to write down "superatural" experiences. Nothing about ghosts is mentioned on their website, though.

http://www.palacehotelpt.com/history.html

I mention it now because I just found out that there is going to be a ghost hunter convention there next month.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/sited/story/html/218568

John Hart
10-17-2005, 3:18 PM
cool!!!....I mean Ghoul!!!!!!:eek: I don't believe in ghosts but I would LOVE to stay in a place like that!

Joe Pelonio
10-17-2005, 4:24 PM
John,

Try this for something closer to you. Seems like there's a lot more of this in the east than out here, just because there are so many more older buildings.
And I find it a lot of fun being in places like this but after that one night not so sure about staying the night any more. I wouldn't say I believe in ghosts
either but it's interesting to think about and fun to hear the stories.

http://html.newsnet5.com/ghosts/ghoststory.html

Jeff Sudmeier
10-17-2005, 4:34 PM
I personally have never had an experience with ghosts so I don't really belive in them. I am open to the possibility that they are out there, but I haven't yet been converted! :)

John Hart
10-17-2005, 5:53 PM
.......but I haven't yet been converted! :)

Boo!:eek: How 'bout now? :D

Jerry Clark
10-17-2005, 6:51 PM
Hey, only 14 more days and there will be real ghosts everywhere-:eek: - really!:D

Ernie Nyvall
10-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I grew up on a Civil War battlefield...built a house right in the middle of it. My father, to say the least, was not superstitious(hmm, as I wrote the word, a levi commercial came on singing "very superstitious"). Anyway, I never saw any ghosts, but we did have monsters and that's a fact.

Ernie

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-18-2005, 1:05 AM
Several happenings over the years have me convinced that 'spirits' exist, going back to my teenage days. Both LOML and I had an 'experience' the first night we spent in the new house, and in the seven years since she's had several nighttime visits from the 'smoky people figures in Civil War clothes'. I've not seen these folks, and it's prolly a good thing :eek: ...but without any question, my mother and grandfather (her dad) are still with me at some level.

Folks that don't 'believe' will never understand...until it happens to them. :)

KC