PDA

View Full Version : Electronic symbol code or whatever you call it-

Kev Williams
03-19-2017, 5:02 PM
After 10 days I'm finally starting this job today in hopes it'll be ready tomorrow. I bid the job using isometric prints they emailed me. Turns out they're the ONLY prints I have.

Not a big deal, I'll just measure and engrave accordingly like I always do with such great instructions ;)

However, I'm puzzled about an electronic text/symbol I've never seen, and I haven't figured out to have google look for it. (google gave me 'out of body experience' returns?)

This is one the panel jobs, of two, both have this symbol above the upper-left hole. If someone knows what it means, then I'll feel okay about running these as I see them. I'm just leery of the possibility that the wrong symbol or text is present...

Thanks in advance!

Bill George
03-19-2017, 6:24 PM
To HV or to high voltage out??

Gary Hair
03-19-2017, 6:54 PM
I'm not thinking it's a symbol, I think they tried to get fancy with "To" by dropping the "o". No idea why anyone would think that looks good but it appears that way to me. Check with the customer to see if that's truly what they want.

David Somers
03-19-2017, 7:27 PM
So....what is the context of this? Looking at the entire panel I think those empty ports look like they accept keyed rotary pots or dials like you see in a High Voltage rack setup. And that would be born out by the Channel designations as well. In that case T subscript o would be a typo and it should be To, as in going "to" something. I cant think of anything that uses T sub o as a symbol or name.

I would certainly ask them before you completed this job.

Let us know. I am very curious now! (not that I am not always annoyingly curious! <grin>)

Keith Downing
03-19-2017, 8:33 PM
I've seen people mark Terminals with a T sub 1, T sub 2, etc like this graphic. But I don't know if that would apply here, or why they would start with a 0.

Kev Williams
03-20-2017, 12:11 AM
Thanks all, I'm sending an email now so they'll get it first thing in the morning.
I'm thinking something got lost in translation from autocad to PDF...

Kim Vellore
03-20-2017, 12:44 AM
I see them all the time for laser timing signals, Could be output at time T=0 or trigger at T=0 or sync signal at t=0. Here is an image of pulse generator you can see 'To' on the screen.
http://www.quantumcomposers.com/images/products/pg/9520/gallery/9520-View-1.jpg

David Somers
03-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Kim,

I am being dense, but I dont see where the T sub o is in your photo? The word "To" would make sense on that panel, but we were all wondering what T followed by a subscript letter o would mean? Or if it was a typo of some sort?

Matt McCoy
03-20-2017, 10:13 PM
Kim,

I am being dense, but I dont see where the T sub o is in your photo? The word "To" would make sense on that panel, but we were all wondering what T followed by a subscript letter o would mean? Or if it was a typo of some sort?

Dave, It's on the LCD screen.

David Somers
03-20-2017, 10:18 PM
OK Matt! Gonna make an eye docs appt Tuesday. I see the word "To" after the word "Source"....looks like a standard T in caps followed by a lower case letter o. But I dont see a T in caps followed by a subscripted letter o anywhere?

I say rubbing my tired eyes and cleaning my scratched up shop glasses. <grin>

Gary Hair
03-20-2017, 10:28 PM
After 10 days I'm finally starting this job today in hopes it'll be ready tomorrow. I bid the job using isometric prints they emailed me. Turns out they're the ONLY prints I have.

Not a big deal, I'll just measure and engrave accordingly like I always do with such great instructions ;)

However, I'm puzzled about an electronic text/symbol I've never seen, and I haven't figured out to have google look for it. (google gave me 'out of body experience' returns?)

This is one the panel jobs, of two, both have this symbol above the upper-left hole. If someone knows what it means, then I'll feel okay about running these as I see them. I'm just leery of the possibility that the wrong symbol or text is present...

Thanks in advance!

So what did it turn out to be Kev?