PDA

View Full Version : Bookshelf

Marvin Keys
06-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Here are the pictures of my bookshelf. It is 84" tall, 34" wide, and 14" deep. I used dados for the shelves and freehanded the apron contour with a pencil and cut it with a jigsaw. I had a little hiccup with the jigsaw, so the contour is not exactly even, but I though it would give it some character and I didn't have any scraps the right size to redo it...

Marvin Keys
06-21-2003, 10:12 AM
By the way, that first picture is my workshop, so all you people who think your workshop is big, I have the whole outdoors. One day, I will be building a garage, so that I can actually use my equipment in an organized space.

Glenn Clabo
06-21-2003, 10:22 AM
One day, I will be building a garage, so that I can actually use my equipment in an organized space.

Marvin,
Great job getting into this stuff. You should be proud of yourself...but don't fool yourself either. A garage won't get you organized unless you do it. I've worked out of all kinds of shop sizes and it's never help me one bit. :D
Keep up the good work. It's fun to watch...

Jason Roehl
06-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Looking good, Marvin! (I'm talking about the bookshelf.) As long as the weather is nice, having the outdoors is actually a BETTER workshop, IMHO.

Jerry Todd
06-21-2003, 4:58 PM
Good looking bookcase, congrats.

Peter Stahl
06-21-2003, 8:55 PM
Here are the pictures of my bookshelf. It is 84" tall, 34" wide, and 14" deep. I used dados for the shelves and freehanded the apron contour with a pencil and cut it with a jigsaw. I had a little hiccup with the jigsaw, so the contour is not exactly even, but I though it would give it some character and I didn't have any scraps the right size to redo it...

Looks good Marvin. I think I did more projects before I had a more organized shop.

Pete

Ted Shrader
06-21-2003, 8:58 PM
Marvin -

Good job! Looks very nice - good proportions. What material dis you use - also stain/finish?

Well done,
Ted

Von Bickley
06-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Marvin,

Nice looking book case. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Rusty Hughes, Indy
06-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Very well done!

On that shop do you put the dust collector on the outside and hook up a 6" duct to the whole shop? :)

Good work.

Marvin Keys
06-22-2003, 3:27 PM
Marvin -

Good job! Looks very nice - good proportions. What material dis you use - also stain/finish?

Well done,
Ted

The material is red oak plywood, red oak banding, and I used a red oak stain.

Carl Eyman
06-22-2003, 9:04 PM
Very Nice. I, too work outside my shop, but only when the shade is there.

Mike Schwing
06-23-2003, 9:26 AM
Nice job Marvin. Your shop floor looks a lot easier on the feet than mine!