PDA

View Full Version : Laser speed by arrows

Warren Eames
03-17-2017, 10:15 PM
Hello,
I have a 500x300 Chinese Laser as well as a 1200x800 Laser. On the 500x300 Laser does anyone know how to change the speed the head moves when you press the arrows (see attached picture)? I can not find how to change the speed & it is extremely slow. Also the engrave speed will not seem go faster than about 250mm/s, which to me is very slow. I saw somewhere about having the right "Model No." but I do not know where I find that on the machine. ANY help in these matters would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Kind Regards
Warren

Kev Williams
03-17-2017, 10:25 PM
How about a pic with the display ON? Might be of more help...

Bert Kemp
03-17-2017, 10:27 PM
what software should be able to change it on your computer

John Lifer
03-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Uh, see the button that says speed on it? Second from left? Press it and change to a higher number. I usually use 115 and if I want fine control drop one digit to 15.

John Lifer
03-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Manual at rdworkslab.com

Warren Eames
03-17-2017, 10:50 PM
Hello John,
Thank you VERY much. It had to be simple to make me look "simple". I have the manual but I was probably looking through it with a blokes eyes (as my wife would tell me).
Once again thank you.
You would not have an idea why I can only engrave at 250mm/s?

Doug Fisher
03-18-2017, 1:10 AM
You need to find if you have a maximum speed setting in your user tab settings and/or make sure you don't have one of the "default" check boxes checked which will not override the maximum you currently have allowed via programming in the machine itself. That is a default speed setting you would have to change on the machine itself.

Warren Eames
03-18-2017, 4:48 AM
Hello Doug,
I have RDWorks V8. In the vendor settings I have the "X" set at 600mm/s & the "Y" at 500mm/s. I do not have the "Default" ticked. I can not find a "maximum" setting in the "User" tab.
Would you know where or how I find what controller board I have?
Thank you.

Doug Fisher
03-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Look for a printed label on the front, or more likely, on the the side of the white controller box. It is usually a fairly large white box found by opening the right side door on most machines (in where you find the power supply and axis controllers). My label was on the top edge of the box if I remember right. It was not easy to see without a flashlight and sticking my head inside the machine.

John Lifer
03-18-2017, 5:16 PM
Your welcome, you do realize that this controller was designed and built by the Chinese. Even with English instructions, it really is difficult to understand the controls and placement in the program. There is a setting for max speed for your engraving. It is in one of user parameters you access with password. Sounds like you found it. On main panel, the speed and the power buttons will override your settings during processing if you pause and change after pressing one or the other and restart.

Warren Eames
03-19-2017, 1:07 AM
Thank you Doug. I was looking at the right item, but the number was up the top right, at the very back & I could not see it without putting my stronger glasses on.

Warren Eames
03-19-2017, 2:57 AM
Thanks John,
I just need to see what speed it will engrave at now. My 1200x800 80w Laser uses LaseCut 5.1 & it engraves quite well at 900mm/s. This smaller machine seems as though it will not go that fast even though it seems a smoother machine.