PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never (gloat)

Niels J. Larsen
10-17-2005, 3:18 AM
Well, I was actually going to wait until I actually received it, but since a fellow Creek'er spotted a stealth gloat by me in another thread, I'd better make things right to avoid the picture police! :D

I ordered the Hammer A3 31 jointer/planer combo machine about 2 weeks ago.
It's a 12" machine with lots of neat features and naturally I bought a few add-ons :D :

- 5.5HP motor (it comes with a 4HP)
- Rolling carriage
- Lifting bar (for the rolling carriage)
- Rubber feet (it will stand on a concrete floor)
- "Digital" aluminium handwheel for setting the planer height precisely to within 1/10 mm

A few pics:

First the machine itself, next the "digital" wheel and finally the cutter which is a TERSA-style head with self-aligning cutters.

Cheers,
Niels

Christian Aufreiter
10-17-2005, 3:50 AM
Congrats, Niels.
Keep us posted about the Hammer J/P.

Regards,

Christian

Timo Christ
10-17-2005, 6:23 AM
Great machine, Niels!
I hope you have good luck with it and enjoy working with it.
Regards,
TImo

Jeff Sudmeier
10-17-2005, 8:36 AM
Niels, now that is a gloat!!!

Congrats and be sure to post pics of it in your shop!! :)

Corey Hallagan
10-17-2005, 8:52 AM
Nice... looks like a wonerful machne. Enjoy!

Corey

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-17-2005, 7:27 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOGGY!

That's NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCC CEEEEEEEEE!

Bruce

lou sansone
10-17-2005, 8:40 PM
I don't if those pictures really count. I think you have to have real shop picutures with the machine sitting in your shop before we let you off the hook
best wishes
lou

Niels J. Larsen
10-18-2005, 3:11 AM
I don't if those pictures really count. I think you have to have real shop picutures with the machine sitting in your shop before we let you off the hook
best wishes
lou

Hehe, I figured that much - so be sure that I will post pictures when the machine arrives.

I'm currently in the process of making my small 1-car garage into a proper workshop. Since I'm also doing whatever maintenance is needed on our cars I will still need the possibility to drive a car in there :rolleyes:

Due to that the machine won't arrive at my shop until Feb. 3rd 2006, so I hope you have patience :D

When I look at the pictures of some of the shops you guys have I become just a tad jealous :D Oh well - maybe in the next life :p

/Niels