PDA

View Full Version : RF7050 Shipped to Vancouver Landed Cost Tips

Steven Taitinger
03-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I only have one last decision to make before I wait and then go pick up my laser. I have a quote for 660US from Blanca using K Trans worldwide logistics Ltd as per below.

The shipping freight we quote you is including shipping freight by sea to Canada+destination port charges+customs clearance fee+send goods to warehouse.
The shipping freight do not include CUSTOMS DUTIES,CUSTOMS INSPECTION FEE AND OTHER GOVERMENT CHARGES.

I have another quote which is 200US which includes sea shipping only probably.

Does anyone have a good idea of how much the total would be in each case? I can't afford to get too big of a surprise when I go to pick it up with my truck in Vancouver. I know that there are no tariffs charged for a laser cutter with the correct HS code and that gst will be 5%. I don't have a good idea on any of the other potential fees. Customs Duties = Customs Tariff right? The inspection fee alone can't be that much right? Anyone charged any other fees not listed? I know Brian mentioned a small docking fee and potential warehousing charges if I don't get there in their specified time frame.

Thanks!

Steve

Steven Taitinger
03-17-2017, 2:39 PM
FYI I went with the 660US based on what the logistics guy at our company said below.

If it has to be inspected, there may or may not be additional charges (depending on how large the shipment is and how much time to under crate it.)

I would pay the extra (660) and have it customs cleared, too many variables that could cost a lot more than 660.00 including non-compliant wood (crate refused entry into Canada) , improper packing material….etc….etc..
Odds are you won’t have to pay any additional fees.

Now I wait!