PDA

View Full Version : GCC Venus II Driver

Julian Ashcroft
03-17-2017, 4:26 AM
I'm thinking of buying a used GCC Venus II laser, the seller doesn't know much about the machine, he has switched it on and the head moves about. No idea if the tube is working or not. It's only 12W but could be good for engraving leather. It's also cheap, so maybe worth a punt. It doesn't however come with any software. I have looked on the GCC Website and while it says drivers are available, the links to them don't seem to work. I have tried to contact GCC through the contact form on their website but have so far not received a reply.

Does anyone know if the drivers are available elsewhere for this machine and whether they are standard across the GCC range.

Mike Null
03-17-2017, 5:20 AM
https://www.jorlink.com/Portals/0/Manuals/VenusIIUserManual2013OCT.pdf

You might try contacting this company.

Mark Sipes
03-19-2017, 7:18 PM
What version of windows are you planning to run the system on Windows 95 0r 98 ??

Julian Ashcroft
03-20-2017, 3:24 AM
I was hoping Windows 7, as that's what my other lasers are connected too. Is the software that old that it needs an operating system so ancient? The laser has a USB connection so I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that Drivers would be available for a more modern operating system.