PDA

View Full Version : note to self

Keith Christopher
10-17-2005, 1:11 AM
When walking behing the planer to remove the board,

DO NOT bump into it (the board) pushing it backwards into the machine. Scary noises come out and make you check your knives.

Mike Cutler
10-17-2005, 5:24 AM
OWWW!!! Hope everything worked out alright

Chris Giles
10-17-2005, 5:29 AM
Keith,
That noise was just the sound of the knives screaming at you to STOP THAT! I've heard that scream a few times as well. Perhaps you might crank down the phenolic feed roller a little bit to prevent this. I really don't know if this is an ajustable part or not.

Jeff Sudmeier
10-17-2005, 8:38 AM
Keith,

THanks for the heads up! I haven't ever done it yet, but I am sure I will :)

Keith Christopher
10-17-2005, 9:38 PM
OWWW!!! Hope everything worked out alright

Mike,

Yeah everything was ok. I don't plane stock when it's cut to final dimensions. Don't ask me how I learned that lesson. Knives were ok, good thing it was poplar.

That noise was just the sound of the knives screaming at you to STOP THAT! I've heard that scream a few times as well. Perhaps you might crank down the phenolic feed roller a little bit to prevent this. I really don't know if this is an ajustable part or not.

Good idea I might have to do that. But then again I did bump it kinda hard.

Oh and second note to self. Don't hold small object close to the oscilliating drum sander with your fingers, It works well until it slips and you get a manicure. No real damage, just won't need to cut a couple of nails for a while.