PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight corurt.

Bob Coates
03-16-2017, 9:05 AM
Anyone else get this. I think it is a SCAM????
Here is clip from email. I did not go to web site in email. Says it related to miss marked prices. Estimate I would get about $50.
"This is a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit brought in the Common Pleas Court of Lake County, Ohio (the “Court”), against Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Beck v. Harbor Freight, No. 15CV00598, Lake County, Ohio, Common Pleas.A class action is where one or more persons sue on behalf of others who have similar claims. The members of this group are called the Class.

THE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT

If you are a Class Member and the settlement is approved, and you timely file a Claim Form, you may be entitled to a payment as follows:
OPTION A. Customers who have itemized Harbor Freight receipts reflecting one or more purchases between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 with a “you saved” amount reflected on their receipts can submit copies of those receipts and elect to receive either 20% in cash, or 30% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total “you saved” amount listed on their receipts, excluding any amounts reflecting free items or items that were later returned.
OPTION B. Customers who have credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 can submit copies of those statements and elect to receive either 10% in cash, or 12% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total Harbor Freight purchases on their credit or debit card statement(s), excluding any amounts reflecting items that were later returned.
OPTION C. All other customers who made purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 may submit one declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that they purchased an item from Harbor Freight (other than a free or later-returned item) that was advertised with a higher reference price (e.g., “reg. $XXX,” “only $XXX,” or “comp. at $XXX”) adjacent to a lower current offering price, and that they do not have itemized Harbor Freight receipts or credit or debit card statements of their Harbor Freight purchases. Customers submitting this declaration will receive one $10 Harbor Freight gift card.

I"

Barry McFadden
03-16-2017, 9:27 AM
I stay away from any emails like that....

Doug Hepler
03-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Bob
Google the name of the lawsuit:Beck v. Harbor Freight, No. 15CV00598. You will find a number of news stories about this, such as this one: http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2017/03/15/SF12369. So, its probably legit

Doug

Chris Schoenthal
03-16-2017, 12:54 PM
I received the notice, did the research and could probably participate.
But after realizing that the max I could benefit would be a $10 HF gift certificate, I decided it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Bruce Wrenn
03-18-2017, 9:35 PM
Because I do all my purchases at HF on a CC, and own my own business, I have copies of all purchases for the last 5 years on file, so I may go for it.

Shawn Christ
03-28-2017, 11:12 PM
My submittal will go out in the mail tomorrow. With luck I bought my folding trailer and dust collector during the listed dates and still have my receipts in the manuals. I also searched my credit card statements online and found a few hundred bucks in purchases. Choosing the gift card refund option, I'll get about $110 back.

Rich Riddle
03-29-2017, 7:12 AM
When is the date you must complete the claim?

Shawn Christ
03-29-2017, 7:59 AM
August 7 is the claim deadline. Here is a link to more info on the claim site: http://www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com/