PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Rotary Attachment

Norman Roberts
03-15-2017, 7:49 PM
Anyone know if there is an alternative to the Trotec Rotary. I have a Speedy 300 80 watt and Trotec rotary is 1,500.00 plus shipping.
Wondering if some other company offers a unit that would work with Trotec.

Thanks

Gary Hair
03-16-2017, 1:26 AM
I know it's a big chunk of money but rest assured, it's worth every penny! Anyone who has one will tell you it's a fine piece of machinery and is built like a tank!

Mike Null
03-16-2017, 5:36 AM
You spent the money to get the best laser engraver--don't cheap out on the rotary device. Gary is right--it'll pay for itself many times over in the first year.

Norman Roberts
03-16-2017, 7:01 PM
thanks for the input, I guess I will just bite the cost and I am sure I will find the quality an par with the Laser

Scott Anders
03-16-2017, 9:09 PM
I have the multi setup rotary on mine and it paid for itself within the first 2 orders. Wouldn't be without it now even though it sits there and collects dust, it's only used once every couple of months

Norman Roberts
03-29-2017, 7:40 PM
So I ordered and received the Trotec rotary, look nice. No instructions or manual.
Can not find one on line. Anyone have one ??

thanks

Lyle Cheredaryk
03-29-2017, 8:09 PM
Page 38 on this manual just might be it.
https://www.troteclaser.com/fileadmin/content/images/Contact_Support/Manuals/Speedy-300-Manual-EN.pdf

Gary Hair
03-29-2017, 8:38 PM
The manual makes it seem harder than it really is, it's quite easy to use once you get used to it. Your signature has "on order" by your Trotec, do you have one yet?

If I have time over the next few days I could probably shoot a quick video that outlines the basic steps to do something like a Yeti or Rtic mug with a simple graphic and text. From that you could figure out pretty much anything else. If I get the time to do it I'll post it in a new thread so it's easy to find.

Art Anderson
03-30-2017, 12:31 AM
Just remember not to hot-patch the rotary with the Trotec powered up. Do the plug in connection with the engraver powered down. Trust me, learned the hard way: $600 will buy you a new board for the rotary.....

Keith Outten
03-30-2017, 8:30 AM
See if this link helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nTd5LmFuo&t=183s

Gary Hair
03-30-2017, 9:11 AM
Just remember not to hot-patch the rotary with the Trotec powered up. Do the plug in connection with the engraver powered down. Trust me, learned the hard way: $600 will buy you a new board for the rotary.....

Ouch, expensive lesson!

Jeffrey Dewing
04-01-2017, 6:32 PM
When I bought my Speedy 300, got it with the rotary. No instructions, but was told " DO NOT PLUG IT IN OR OUT WITH THE MACHINE RUNNING!" The rest is sort of common sense. Great pc. of equipment!