PDA

View Full Version : Help with Powermatic model 81 bandsaw

Brent Connock
03-15-2017, 4:12 AM
First and foremost, a big hello from South Africa, I am a new member and love woodwork and of course machines. IN particular, American made machines like Powermatic and the old Delta stuff, both of which are very hard to find in this neck of the woods. Moderators given the wide choice I was not sure where to post this so please move it if needs be. I am in urgent need of part 3063041 which is a Bracket, upper bearing housing mounting. The chances of ever finding one in SA is impossible. I have bought every used Powermatic machine I have ever been able to in South Africa, though I did miss 2 I know about. I just honestly do not know where to start looking for the spare. I have tried Powermatic, but have yet to get a response, please, my if there is anyone reading this who may know where I might find the part in question, please let me know, without it, the saw will never see any cutting again unless I spend way above the saw purchase price to have a new part fabricated, which would not work with my ltd budget. Any advise would be more than welcome, thanks again with warm greetings to all fellow woodworkers.

Van Huskey
03-15-2017, 4:43 AM
First, welcome to SMC!

Second, I would suggest two things, register at OWWM.org (Old Woodworking Machines) introduce yourself and let them know of your search and make a WTB (want to buy) ad in the BOYD (bring out your dead) sub-forum. Also contact Redmond Machinery http://www.redmondmachinery.com/old-powermatic-parts-1/ who probably has the best supply of old Powermatic parts in the US. Chances are good between the two options you will find the part or get some leads to track one down.

Brent Connock
03-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Thank you so very much for the info and the warm welcome, I must say I really look forward to learning from everyone here, there are tons of useful info here.

Geoff Crimmins
03-15-2017, 4:21 PM
Powermatic's online parts store is at parts.powermatic.com and couldn't find that part number. With that in mind, I was going to recommend the same two sources that Van Huskey did. The Old Woodworking Machines forums will also be a good resource if you have any questions about getting the saw tuned up and running.

--Geoff