PDA

View Full Version : Paper plate holder....

Michael Stafford
10-16-2005, 9:25 PM
Too small to be a platter, too thin to be a plate. I guess you could use it under a paper plate and pile on the potato salad, baked beans and cole slaw without any fear.;)

A little over 10" in diameter and a little more than 1/4" thick this plate "stiffener" is made from some Kiatt that Rodger Barrow had at his shop East Wake Hardwoods.

If you look closely there is a built-in insect bore hole so you can hang this up on the wall with a finishing nail....:p :D

Ernie Nyvall
10-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Mike, great looking plate stiffiner. I like the smooth form and finish.

Is there an official size for a platter?

Ernie

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Lookin' GOOD, Mike.

Bruce

John Hart
10-17-2005, 6:38 AM
Problem with the paper plate holder idea is that it looks too good for that....not to mention you'd have to make 15 of them! I would put it on the coffee table. Nice plate Mike.

Glenn Hodges
10-17-2005, 7:40 AM
Mike, it would look big on a small table. I have never seen this wood, thanks for showing it to us.

Kurt Aebi
10-17-2005, 8:15 AM
Nice "Lightweight" Platter, Mike!

You done a real good job on this one - to be as thin as that and as smooth!

As for holding a paper plate - I'd hate to hide that piece under some piece of paper - it should be out there and be seen!:cool:

Another Big Mike original!

Mark Cothren
10-17-2005, 8:36 AM
Good'un there, Big Mike! Love the colors of that wood. Nice thin plate, too! You did a great job - as always.

Thanks for the picture!

Keith Burns
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Excellent turning ! I like the simplicity and finish. I have not seen this wood either. When I first glanced at the thumbnail photo I didn't care for it but when I enlarged the photo I discovered I was wrong. The more I look at it the more I like it. Final decission...another WINNER !

Dick Parr
10-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Very nice Mike! It's not so small, a 10" plate can hold a bunch of food.:D

Jim Ketron
10-18-2005, 4:49 PM
Very nice Mike! It's not so small, a 10" plate can hold a bunch of food.:D
Not if you eat Big Mike and Jim K size portions!:D :D :D

It is a nice size Big Mike and a good looking platter to boot!
Great Job!

Jeff Sudmeier
10-19-2005, 7:42 AM
I really like it! Much better than the "wicker" ones that we used to use :)