PDA

View Full Version : Jet 10" Jointer - JJP-10BTOS Questions

William Astarita
03-14-2017, 3:56 PM
I'm considering this for a very small shop setup. Are their any owners out there that could answer a few questions I can't seem to find anywhere.

What is the general height of outfeed table is when it's on a bench and not the stand? I see 17" as the height of the machine online, I want to make sure that's to the table and not the top of the fence.

What is the height to the top of the fence?

I know the heights are adjustable, I'm just looking for the general default heights, I need to be able to store it away and I only have a few options.

Also, is there a helical cutter head available for it? Some documentation suggests it but I can't find anything on it.

Thank you in advance

Curt Harms
03-15-2017, 10:17 AM
You might check the Amazon reviews for a starter if you haven't done so. Those machines may have their use with small stock but are not generally well thought of. The difference between the JJP-10 and JJP-12 are a lot more than 2 digits.

john lawson
03-15-2017, 10:25 AM
Be very careful before put down your dollars. It is tempting to assume that if this machine has a 10" jointer (and planer) then it has to be heavy duty, right? Make sure it is what you need. I looked at one of these and was concerned that a wide long board might tend to tip it over due to lack of weight.