PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Definition of Intrusive Advertisements.

Mike Circo
03-13-2017, 4:31 PM
I listen to music at work on YouTube because most of the streaming services are blocked at the firewall for some reason.
I get the need for some ads on a "free" service, but YouTube has worked in a new and totally intrusive way of inserting ads. Instead of an ad between songs, the ads now appear about 15-20 seconds before the end of a song! You will be just listening along when suddenly a jarring change in pattern as an ad comes blaring out of the headphones. (in typical fashion, the ads are always louder than the music)

I'd complain to YouTube but that would only prove to them that someone hears the ads.

Don't the advertisers realize that pizzing off the customer is not a good business model.

Anyone else see this phenomenon?

John K Jordan
03-13-2017, 5:59 PM
I'd complain to YouTube but that would only prove to them that someone hears the ads.

It might be more effective to tell the content owner why you can no longer listen to or recommend their music.

JKJ

Bert Kemp
03-13-2017, 7:03 PM
I see it all the time .I watch movies or video's on Youtube and about a Min before the end these 2 big blocks of ad's popup right in the middle of the screen and I miss part of the show talk about a PITA. I think I'll write the advertisers and tell them I will never buy there product because of this and stop watch youtube

Wade Lippman
03-13-2017, 7:35 PM
Have you stopped using it? If not, then their belief that you will continue to use it is correct.
They don't really care how angry you are, or how many emails you send, as long as you continue to use it.

Brian Henderson
03-13-2017, 7:43 PM
Funny, I never see any of that. Of course, I'm using ad blockers so I never see any ads anyhow.

Bruce Wrenn
03-13-2017, 8:59 PM
What I hate are the ads where you have to go to screen and hit play button. Sometimes more than once.

Frederick Skelly
03-13-2017, 9:32 PM
Have you stopped using it? If not, then their belief that you will continue to us it is correct.
They don't really care how angry you are, or how many emails you send, as long as you continue to use it.

Wade makes a good point here, friends.

Keith Outten
03-14-2017, 9:59 AM
Surely your not complaining about a free service.
Are You?

Brian Elfert
03-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Youtube has been putting ads in videos for some time now. They are not a music streaming service so how do they know when each song in a posted video ends? I quit using Youtube for music because of this. Spotify is free and way better for music than Youtube. Spotify has ads also.

Jim Koepke
03-18-2017, 12:47 PM
For me the best way to listen to music is through an iPod with an FM transmitter.

All the music is from my library. There are multiple play lists.

My only hesitance to recommend this is my model of iPod hasn't been made in a few years and this option may no longer be available.

jtk

Bruce Page
03-18-2017, 1:31 PM
For me the best way to listen to music is through an iPod with an FM transmitter.

All the music is from my library. There are multiple play lists.

My only hesitance to recommend this is my model of iPod hasn't been made in a few years and this option may no longer be available.

jtk

This has been my listening preference in the house, car, and shop for many years. It's hard to beat having several thousand songs of YOUR choice at the click of a button. I also have a yearly paid subscription to Pandora Plus that I like a lot.

Greg Peterson
03-19-2017, 5:39 PM
I'm still waiting for broadcasters to follow the law as outlined by the CALM act. I still get blasted out of the house when the commercials come on. I wouldn't hold out much hope for commercials on youtube addressing your concerns anytime soon.

Frankly, the ad industry as a whole, is a pox on society.