PDA

View Full Version : Wish I Lived Closeby

Ronald Blue
03-10-2017, 6:36 PM
Today I finished a class for work at Metropolitan Community College in Kansas City Missouri. They gave us a tour of the facility and what a gold mine they have if you live close enough to take advantage of it. For a fee of $100 every 6 months you have access to a Universal brand 150 watt laser that might be 30" by 60". I didn't see the brand but they have a CNC router that will handle full 4 x 8 sheets of plywood. The only thing that was a little lacking was the tablesaw (Dewalt), and the Delta bench top planer. The access to the other equipment which includes 3D printers makes this a bargain. Oh how I wish I was close enough to make use of this. Just wanted to put this out there for anyone in the area.

Van Huskey
03-10-2017, 7:15 PM
I wish I lived close to a "maker space" with a laser, CNC and 3D printer. They are all things I would like to have access (particularly a full sheet CNC) but I am not willing (yet) to devote the space and cash to own.

Ronald Blue
03-11-2017, 11:13 PM
It could help to determine if you wanted to make an investment that large also, On other thing they had was a panel saw.