PDA

View Full Version : Anyone deal with JET.COM?

Frederick Skelly
03-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Every time I search for tools they pop up. They offer a $30 discount for your first 3 purchases. Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks!
Fred

David T gray
03-10-2017, 1:08 PM
what about them i buy all my tide from them for like 40% off when they have sales every once in a while.

Marc Burt
03-10-2017, 1:09 PM
I order from them semi-frequently. (More often now that Amazon has started charging tax in Alabama) I've not experienced any problems and generally get my orders pretty quick. Just received 2 96" Revos yesterday with free shipping.

Be aware that they function a lot like Amazon in that a lot of items are fulfilled by third party companies selling on Jet's platform. But maybe that's just the type of stuff I order.

Unfortunately they're own by Walmart, which I boycott in the real world. but overall I've never had any issues.

Victor Robinson
03-10-2017, 3:27 PM
I've ordered from them a few times. They are very large (owned by Walmart I think) and most of their stuff (especially tools) are fulfilled by 3rd party vendors (e.g. CPO). All my orders went just fine, and the one time they weren't able to fulfill an order I placed, their customer service was great and they gave me more credits. If the price is right I wouldn't hesitate.

Bill McNiel
03-10-2017, 3:31 PM
I refuse to, knowingly, do business with WalMart or any of their subsidiaries.

Chris Padilla
03-10-2017, 3:37 PM
I always look up items to find the best prices and sometimes, Jet has them.

I've ordered and had no problems. They are an Amazon competitor and sometimes they do have a better price.

Wade Lippman
03-10-2017, 6:30 PM
They have an interesting gimmick where the more you order, the cheaper everything gets. So try to accumulate a few things if you can.

Kev Williams
03-10-2017, 7:47 PM
I bought from Jet once, forget what it was. All okay with the sale, I remember that much. But I've never bought again. Why? around the holidays I was searching out gas ranges, range hoods, ovens, dishwashers, camera batteries, Iphone stuff, etc etc... and without fail, it seemed Jet and Overstock.com were in a battle to be the 2nd most expensive place to buy anything online.

If I can't find some off the wall place that's cheap, it's Amazon or Ebay...

David T gray
03-10-2017, 9:25 PM
u guys gotta wait for sales i bought tide in 150oz, 6 of them for $65 with free shipping and no tax their coupons stack plus i hate walmart and there is no way they made money on that sale so win win imo.

Frederick Skelly
03-11-2017, 7:35 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys. Sounds like they're reputable!
Fred

Malcolm Schweizer
03-11-2017, 8:13 AM
Wait- this isn't a tool company's website?

Rich Riddle
03-11-2017, 8:46 AM
I have purchased a few tools from them but many times others offer better prices. They are reputable.

Yonak Hawkins
03-11-2017, 11:03 AM
I'm very impressed with their customer service. I had an issue to get resolved, then I got e-mails from three different people (really quite personal notes) asking if everything was resolved to my satisfaction (which it was) and telling me not to hesitate to contact them any time.

Frederick Skelly
03-11-2017, 11:28 AM
I'm very impressed with their customer service. I had an issue to get resolved, then I got e-mails from three different people (really quite personal notes) asking if everything was resolved to my satisfaction (which it was) and telling me not to hesitate to contact them any time.

Thanks Yonak! Very glad to hear your experience. Customer service is a BIG deal for me.

Kev Williams
03-11-2017, 12:17 PM
u guys gotta wait for sales i bought tide in 150oz, 6 of them for $65 with free shipping and no tax their coupons stack plus i hate walmart and there is no way they made money on that sale so win win imo.
Wait? What if I'm out and my clothes are dirty? I just checked a bunch of places for 150oz Tide- Jet, Amazon, Home Depot, Target, Walmart, a few others-- all prices, $17.97 to $17.99.

Fact is, if one place puts stuff like this on sale, most everyone else will be putting it on sale too, due to factory incentives. Nobody just decides out of the blue to sell $18 stuff for $10 just because. They sell it cheaper because they bought it cheaper. And yes they made money :)

I mentioned 'off the wall' places in my first post-- I decided to buy the wife a GE Cafe 36" gas cooktop for Xmas. After searching Sears, HD, Lowes, Amazon, AJ Madison Ebay, JCPenney, Appliance Connection, Jet, Overstock, Target, Walmart, etc etc, I kept going down the google list until stumbled on homeshopbuy.com, who had this cooktop priced $350-$500+ less than any other place I checked. Funny thing, much of their other stuff isn't so discounted, but for some reason this particular cooktop is. I paid $1004 to my door in December. Right now it's priced at $1024. Google it like I just did and you'll find the average price right now is $1349. I also went 10 pages in, and homeshopbuy.com wasn't on the first 10 pages. I don't remember how far into the list I looked back in December but I'm glad I did, $350 ain't chump change...

My point- the real bargains are hiding somewhere deep in the cybercloud, not at Jet or Amazon. The trick- and fun- is finding them :D

Brian Elfert
03-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Does Jet.com even have any warehouses? I placed a few orders from them about a year ago and each item shipped directly from another online vendor. I recall a tool came from Zoro. The prices seem less competitive these days.

Van Huskey
03-12-2017, 3:38 AM
I refuse to, knowingly, do business with WalMart or any of their subsidiaries.

If you REALLY hate Walmart then buy everything you can from Jet.com. They have the wackiest undercutter strategy of them all. If an item you order isn't in inventory at one of their fulfillment centers (which they do have) a real live person ("concierge") will find it on another site, order it and have it shipped to you, often at a substantial loss to Jet, the average is said to be over 10% more than you paid Jet. They are striving to have the best customer service in the industry (and probably do currently) along with the business model to lose money all the ay to the top. It is by far the biggest gamble on price penetration marketing ever in human history and last summer Walmart paid ~$3 Billion dollars for this scheme. Even in light of Amazon all the "money" writers were/are saying it is totally nuts.