PDA

View Full Version : New tablesaw sled

Ken Fitzgerald
03-09-2017, 8:26 PM
I built a new tablesaw sled some weeks ago but hadn't aligned the rear fence. After watching William Ng's 5 cut method youtube video for the 37th time, today I used his method to align my sled's rear fence.

His method worked like a charm! One adjustment and my final correction called for 0.001" over 32". That's close enough for my shop!

I really like his method!

Jebediah Eckert
03-09-2017, 8:43 PM
Sure is, easy to follow and takes the guess work out of adjusting the fence. Far superior to my old method of trial and error, 30 or so adjustments, then saying that's good enough........

Greg Parrish
03-09-2017, 8:46 PM
Awesome. Let's see pics of the sled. :)

something i need to build eventually myself.

Roger Marty
03-09-2017, 10:08 PM
I've built a couple table saw sleds. I'm not happy with any, and I can't stand the alignment process. Maybe it would go easier with feeler gauges...But I want my next sled to be adjustable somehow.

Art Mann
03-09-2017, 11:58 PM
I am about to build a new sled for myself. I sold the old one with the table saw it was made for. I can't decide whether to go simple or build one of those really fancy models you see on YouTube. From my perspective, I want a fence that is squared once and then never adjusted again. The last one I owned was good to 0.004 over 24 inches and that is good enough. Mine didn't get out of adjustment in the 15 years I used it.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Art,

I built just a simple sled though it is a little deeper than most to be used primarily for panel cutting. Mine is roughly patterned after the one William Ng builds in his youtube video.