PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide on which Sortainers/systainers to buy

david mcintyre
03-08-2017, 11:26 AM
I've just recently gotten the Festool bug and have the following with their respective systainers: OF1400, ETS150, TS55, LR32-SYS.

I've placed an order from Axminster (the prices on most Festool products even with shipping to the US are far cheaper). I'm waiting on a few items to come in stock and want to add some sortainers/systainers to my order before it's shipped.

Which SORTainers do you own and which ones do you seem to use more than others (4, 6, 9, or 12 drawer)?

Is it worthwhile to get a Sys-combi 3 for the ETS150? Is the extra drawer useful?

Should I get a containers set (or 2,3...)? I'd really like to organize my hardware, small tools, drill bits, etc.

I've done a bunch of research but there is so many options it's become confusing.

Thanks for any and all advice. I guess I should post this over on the FOG also...
Sincerely, Dave.

Ben Rivel
03-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Definitely post this on the FOG.

Tim Bueler
03-08-2017, 1:16 PM
I've just recently gotten the Festool bug...but there is so many options it's become confusing.

Me too! Can't wait to see what you come up with and save me all the confusion. :D

david mcintyre
03-09-2017, 6:53 PM
I did post to the FOG and have got a few replies. Tom's advice...buy them all! Cracks me up! I'm looking to do just about that, though.

Here's the list:
1 SYS-Combi 3 Systainer for the ETS-150
1 4 drawer Sortainer
1 6 drawer Sortainer
1 9 drawer Sortainer
1 SYS 4 Sortainer 3 drawer

2 - 12 drawer sotainers
4 - Container sets
4 - Large storage containers

Sincerely, Dave.

Peter Kuhlman
03-09-2017, 7:04 PM
Well I have owned all the various Sortainers with drawers. The problem with the 6 and up drawer units is they only utilize at most 50% of the case volume. I find the 4 drawer unit to be very useful for drills and jigsaws as can carry additional accessories and they are far more efficient for space utilization. They now offer one with 2 large drawers.

I work mostly in my shop so don't find the Systainers all that useful. I am very space limited and it is a pain to use them fo storage as they only open from the top. I recently sold 12 Systainers and Sortainers as they weren't being used. I do keep all of them that tools came in for future resale purposes of course.