PDA

View Full Version : Delta 46-715 reeves pulley cracked

David Wayne Morris
03-06-2017, 10:26 PM
i purchased this lathe to see if i would like to get into turning or not. well I am hooked and while i was turning a bowl i noticed that the lathe was making a strange noise. I discovered that the motor mounted reeves pulley is cracked. I haven't used the lathe since and I have been searching for a replacement. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Greg Parrish
03-07-2017, 6:44 AM
i purchased this lathe to see if i would like to get into turning or not. well I am hooked and while i was turning a bowl i noticed that the lathe was making a strange noise. I discovered that the motor mounted reeves pulley is cracked. I haven't used the lathe since and I have been searching for a replacement. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Read here for some ideas. Looks like a few alternatives folks got to work. One from grizzly.

http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fine-woodworking-knots/power-tools-and-machinery/alternate-sources-delta-46-715-lathe-parts

also, here is one
http://www.renovoparts.com/909945-motor-pulley-for-delta-46-715-lathe/

Russell Neyman
03-07-2017, 3:18 PM
This might be a tough one because Delta no longer has those parts. Years ago a buddy had a similar problem and he bought a similar reeves drive pulley and had it re-tooled to fit.

Good luck. Keep us Posted.

David Wayne Morris
03-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Greg, thanks for the info. I have emailed renovo and as of yet no response. I will look further into the grizzly option. That sounds promising.

David Wayne Morris
03-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Russell, thanks for the encouragement. Will post my findings and end results.

Dick Strauss
03-08-2017, 8:47 PM
David,
As luck would have it, I happen to have a set of the 46-715 Delta reeves motor pulleys. PM me and we can discuss things if you are interested.

Russell Neyman
03-09-2017, 7:17 PM
As luck would have it, I happen to have a set of the 46-715 Delta reeves motor pulleys....

Dave, you're one lucky so-and-so!

David Wayne Morris
03-13-2017, 11:00 PM
I believe that you may be right. Looks like Dick has the parts that I need. We are working out the details.