PDA

View Full Version : Just received my Sharkgaurds..

Mike Kees
03-06-2017, 9:06 PM
I ordered two Sharkguards about 6 weeks ago or so and just got them this weekend. I bought the A.R.k. version to install on two Delta Unisaws. Very impressed with the overall quality,and great design.What I really like about the guard is the riving knife aspect. Mounting a blade guard on top of a functioning riving knife is a great design. This is finally a guard that will be used in my shop just because it is so easy to install and remove. I am currently finishing off a dust collection install in the shop so can't wait to see how that aspect works as well. Lee was great to deal with,appreciated his heads up on the lead time and delivery on schedule. As a business owner myself I know how hard it can be to schedule and pace work to meet deadlines.So I just felt it would be appropriate to give a positive review of a real good product . Mike.

Rod Sheridan
03-07-2017, 8:17 AM
Mike, it is nice to have a riving knife mounted guard, my Hammer B3 has that as the stock guard.

I used it for 7 years however I've now gone to an overarm guard so I can have a guard when using the dado cutter.

You'll enjoy your new guard.............Regards, Rod.

Patrick Irish
03-07-2017, 12:39 PM
I got an ARK and the guard for Christmas for my Unisaw also. Post of pics of your dust collection when you are done. My used Unisaw came with an excalibur over arm dust collection AND the Besiemeyer t-square over arm guard. I can't decide if I'll use either to run my hose.

As for the ARK. It's a great product but there is a learning curve and you have to make a zero clearance insert for it. With the red bracket attacher, the blade has be around pretty hight above the wood piece to clear the bracket when pushing wood through. Not an issue, just something to get used to.

Mike Kees
03-08-2017, 12:06 AM
Patrick I have two unisaws set up facing each other with an outfeed table shared by both saws in the middle. on one saw I have a excalibur sliding table,for this saw I connected a 4'' drop off my main branch that travels horizontally to a point directly over my table insert and then put in a 90 degree elbow and dropped it to about 24'' above the saw. On the second saw I am using an excalibur arm from a older overarm guard. I tried the excalibur guards but found them too large and cumbersome. When my employees pulled them off and stacked them in the corner I started looking for something more user friendly. The biggest problem we had was the guard portion was so wide it was diffucult to rip narrower pieces.. The other main problem was the one guard was always having to be removed when ever we ripped plywood beccause of the saws facing each other.