PDA

View Full Version : Cabinetree Collection Stores - Anyone ever done business with them?

Sam Murdoch
03-06-2017, 8:10 PM
They seem to offer very very competitive prices for Blum hardware but before I send them $ 600.00 + I'd like to have a referral or two.
My client/friend (so not business as usual) found them :eek: and you can guess that I am being asked to use them rather than my usual vendor. Hard to argue if they can save nearly $100.00. :rolleyes:

Any help from anyone here on the Creek?

Thanks very much.

Dimitrios Fradelakis
03-06-2017, 9:42 PM
Never heard of them but I did run a Google search and it looks as if they have an Amazon store:

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A2ST5IXUUKWQB

If the prices are the same then order from Amazon since they offer a money back guarantee.

And here's a review from 2 years ago:

https://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/fl/vero-beach/cabinetree-collection-reviews-4757123.htm

Dave Zellers
03-06-2017, 11:10 PM
I have bought Blum slides from them at least three times and as far back as 2010. Never had a problem.

Sam Murdoch
03-07-2017, 8:51 PM
Hmm :confused: So not much activity with these folks worth sharing. Thank you Dave & Dimitrios for your input.

Dimitrios Fradelakis
03-07-2017, 9:20 PM
You're welcome, Sam.

Sam Murdoch
03-15-2017, 5:05 PM
Raising this one again on the chance that some new eyes will see and the owner of those eyes will have something to add :).

You might be able to tell that I am reluctant to buy from these guys but will need to defer to my client without good cause. One old Angie's List post doesn't carry much sway.

Thanks again for any more info.

Kevin Jenness
03-17-2017, 5:34 PM
I bought a kitchen's worth of hardware from them last year. Good prices, prompt delivery, no problems. I talked to the owner on the phone when placing the order and he seemed to be on top of things.

Dave Zellers
03-17-2017, 10:47 PM
You can buy from them with confidence. Just be aware that Blum hinges with them are sold individually not in pairs AND the mounting plate is sold separately as any particular hinge can be used with different mounting plates. You have to know exactly what you want. Also they are a bit pricey on the shipping but no tax (at least for me) and it still works out to be cheaper than anyone else.

I placed an order for 12 Blum soft close hinges on Wednesday late at night and noticed right after, that I had messed it up. I used their 'Contact us' page and asked them to please cancel the order and the next morning they replied that they received my note and the order was canceled. Last night I placed the correct order and I expect it to ship Monday.

I have no worries at all. But learn exactly what you want re hinges and mounting plates before you place the order.

Oh yeah- the screws are on you too.:eek: Just buy a box at the hardware store.

Bob Grier
03-18-2017, 9:17 AM
Ask your preferred supplier if they can give more competitive price? Maybe they can help some due to size of order.

Sam Murdoch
03-18-2017, 2:03 PM
OK - Thanks everyone. I'm OK with using them but will ask my current supplier to requote on the substantial order. Can't hoit. I'd rather buy locally.

I appreciate the replies.