PDA

View Full Version : Metal Scroll Decoration

Liesl Dexheimer
03-06-2017, 1:33 PM
Does anyone know where I may able to find something similar to this metal scroll decoration? I checked Classic Medallics and Matthews Bronze but didn't see anything. This was on an old large custom plaque which was designed many years ago so I'm guessing this will be pretty hard to find. Might have to have Matthews make a custom design??... I'm hoping to use the existing one but in the event that I cannot I'm trying to plan ahead.

Kev Williams
03-06-2017, 2:56 PM
Do you have the actual scroll, or just a pic?

If you have the part, you might be able to double-wax cast it to get a casting mold made. From there a foundry can make new ones...

Tony Lenkic
03-06-2017, 3:58 PM
JDS has some similar plaques............

http://php.jdsindustries.com/JDS_SITE/site1.php?D3ID=539&D2ID=30&D1ID=3&D1DESC=Plaques&D2DESC=Plaque+Accessories&D3DESC=Metal+Plaque+Accessories&ITEM=CSP1215&SITE=ITEMINFO&MENU2=MENU2

Liesl Dexheimer
03-07-2017, 8:55 AM
I believe I can take the piece off the plaque. I'm not sure if it is attached with double face tape, epoxy or some anchors. I won't know until maintenance can take the board down. Hopefully I can take it off and reuse it. If absolutely necessary I probably could have it casted as suggested.

Mike Null
03-07-2017, 10:51 AM
The ones I've seen (not exactly like that) are mounted with screws and removing them is quite easy.