PDA

View Full Version : Elmers Carpenter's Wood Filler=Glue?

Allen Bookout
10-15-2005, 9:11 PM
Earlier today I picked up a tube of Elmer Carpenter's Wood Filler and just a while ago I started to fill some small holes is some wood that I am using in a project. I decided to read the instructions on the back as I have never used this product before. Here is what it said: "APPLICATION: Glue to bare wood only. Spread glue on both surfaces. Clamp 30 minutes. For firmest bond allow to dry overnight."

I notice that is is made in Canada so may be some of you that speak Canadian could fill me in on what is going on. Evidently this is not English as it sounds to me like they are talking about glue. I would have suspected that the directions would have come from Asia.

I filled the holes anyway. Will see what happens by tomorrow. Then Monday I think that I will try to get hold of Elmers.

Allen

John Bailey
10-16-2005, 5:07 AM
Allen,

The instructions must be wrong. Canadians talk just like us, they only spell funny, like when they go into a harbour.

John

Frank Hagan
10-16-2005, 2:08 PM
I like Canadians, but they do have subtle differences in their language. Not only do they add a "u" where it doesn't belong occasionally, but they also go "oot and aboot" instead of "out and about." Not only that, but they burned our White House one time. And they pronouce "Martin" "Mar-TEEN".

I remember an old trick was to add sawdust to Elmer's white glue to make a wood filler; perhaps you just bought a fancy version of that: "Take some sawdust oot of that dust collector and put it in the glue, eh? Then change the label, eh?" (Western Canada speak.)

Maybe they just forgot to change the label. :D

Lee DeRaud
10-16-2005, 2:33 PM
I like Canadians, but they do have subtle differences in their language. Not only do they add a "u" where it doesn't belong occasionally, but they also go "oot and aboot" instead of "out and about." Not only that, but they burned our White House one time.Yeah, but what have they done for us lately?!?:cool: :D :p

Steve Clardy
10-16-2005, 3:43 PM
Lol.
Maybe Frank Pellow can fill you in on them canadian misfit instructions.

George Matthews
10-16-2005, 5:20 PM
"APPLICATION: Glue to bare wood only. Spread glue on both surfaces. Clamp 30 minutes. For firmest bond allow to dry overnight."

I notice that is is made in Canada so may be some of you that speak Canadian could fill me in on what is going on.

:eek: Obviously the wrong bottle/instructions :D

That proves that we Canadians can screw up things just as badly as our American neighbors can. ( look no 'u' in neighbour eh! ) :rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
10-16-2005, 5:29 PM
:) Yep, sounds to me like it was the wrong instructions.

You should try gluing two boards together with it and see if it works :)

Allen Bookout
10-16-2005, 6:51 PM
:eek: Obviously the wrong bottle/instructions :D

That proves that we Canadians can screw up things just as badly as our American neighbors can. ( look no 'u' in neighbour eh! ) :rolleyes:

WELL SAID GEORGE!!!!!! I figured that it was about time to kid our Canadian friends a little bit. However, it is true what the container said. I checked other tubes and they all said the same thing.

Allen

Frank Pellow
10-17-2005, 5:57 PM
Lol.
Maybe Frank Pellow can fill you in on them canadian misfit instructions.
Sure sounds like the wrong instructions to me. I will check the label on this product the next time that I am in a store that sells it and find out if these are special labels that were put onto the cotainer simply to confuse our American neighbours. :D